Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Do people like the new non-dotted eye look with seperate base?
Wanted to get people's thoughts on the new look for Dark Sword. It is not extreme as it is simply no dotted eyes and seperate sculpted bases. But wanted to gauge initial thoughts... Granted - this is a semi-nude piece so do not let this cloud your judgement (good...
Views: 1210   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 6, 2007 1:42pm
by cmturner2
5th anniversary miniature
Hi I am just enquiring if the 5th anniversary miniature that was sold at GenCon will be available for sale through the web store?
Views: 742   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 30, 2007 7:31am
by Andrew Roberts
some in progress images: Amazone
Hi there! Thought I just let you see some in progress images of my recent project. I finally found the time to enjoy one of those nice Amazones of yours. :-) Well, here are some images of her: http://www.theminiaturegallery.de/wip/images/elmoreamazone_wip01...
Views: 767   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 12:42am
by Dirk "Brushguy...
Other genres?
Caldwell has done SF images, eg: Marva Chang, Cally's War; Larry Elmore has done SF images, eg : Space Oddity, Air Maidens, Star Fighter, Walking Her Dog, and more. Couldn't you do a few SF figures?
Views: 1020   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2006 3:46pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Feedback
Well just to leave a positive line about my first order here at Darkswords. Packaging: flawless; that box could have survived a nuclear explosion Delivery: very reasonable delay Miniatures: I am impressed at the quality of the miniatures i've got, they fi...
Views: 622   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 8:29pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Scale question
Hi, i am impressed with the quality of the miniatures i see here. That said before i do buy some i'd need to know the real scale they are cast in. Let's say, compared to the "cartoony" fantasy 28-30 of games workshop, how do these compare when put side by side?...
Views: 708   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 25, 2007 11:46pm
by Ralph
Boxed Sets
I was wondering about your boxed sets. I seems when I view the miniatures for the different sets they all show the same miniatures? Tanx in advance. Phil
Views: 644   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2007 9:00am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Jeff Grace
Theres a new sheriff in town and his name is Jeff Grace. Wow, slam a Jeff Grace miniature into a Marike R. paint job and you get one hell of finished product. With all the deserved respect to the late Dennis Mize, I believe his student has taken the bar a step hi...
Views: 1088   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2007 6:45pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
boxed sets
Recently I purchased set#1 and am very pleased with. My question is when I looked at the web site boxed sets and view the miniatures, the web site shows the same miiatures over,so how am I supposed to know which miniatures I purchasing?
Views: 623   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2007 6:43pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Elmore Set 9
Any ETA on Elmore Set 9, the Sneak Peak is awesome and i cant wait to get them in my hands :)
Views: 689   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 3, 2007 9:37am
by Michael Wilzewsk...
t
Thanos
Elmore Dragons Set # 5
I think that is the best one yet.
Views: 649   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2007 6:40am
by PaintMinion
d
Dave L
UK Distributor
Hiya folks, There are some fantastic sculpts here. Does anybody know of a UK distributor that carries the whole of the Dark Sword range. Many Thanks Dave
Views: 658   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 1:53am
by Ralph
reaper and dark sword minis caompare in scale
yes do dark sword minis and reaper minis go good together as fars scale go
Views: 655   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 2:18pm
by Balgin Stondraeg
So what do you think of Elmore Dragons Set # 4 so far?
Sound off and let us know. Cheers, Jim www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com
Views: 958   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 11:27am
by cutebutpsycho
Great News (Gael Goumon)
I just saw your news update and I am glad you have been able to have him sculpt for your company. I also see your going to have miniatures of the Sculpts he had listed on his own web page. I can't wait to see what else he will be doing for you.
Views: 681   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 7:53pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Jeff Grace
Well that was anice surprise. His style is definately different to Mr Mize's, in fact, it reminds me of those Neil McKenzie miniatures (the Ptolus range) which have a sort of cuddly rounded details Heorquest style to them and yet Mr Grace also echoes a lot of Denis'...
Views: 620   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 4, 2007 2:23pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Another variant
I must say I really like the variant 2007 Elmore Pirate lass. The altered pose certainly changes things. Suddenly she becomes more nonchalant but less playful. Variations are always pretty nifty anyway but you knew someone was going to end up asking this so I'll ask...
Views: 658   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 6:07am
by Balgin Stondraeg
Ploogak
Any chance of Tom expanding the Ploogak range? What a fantastic chess set it would make!! He already has the King, Queen, and two other figures done (Pawn & Knight?). The Jester could be the Bishop. Not too many other figures needed.
Views: 589   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 9:36am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Parkinson set#3 and variant
Hey Jim, I just was down at The Source and picked up the 3rd Parkinson set. Was very happy to see that the summoner variant sculpt was available there as well. Thanks a ton for making it avaiable there. great set. Anything new in the works with Tom?
Views: 635   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2006 9:39pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Visions in Color Showcase #10
This is to let everyone know that the Yahoo Mini-painter Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mini-painter will be holding the often delayed Visions in Color showcase #10. Participation is open to any member of the group. The miniature for the VIC 10 will be "Desert W...
Views: 813   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 12, 2006 8:46am
by paintminion
BaakeshVa
Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I have finished my version of BaakeshVa. I still had the old Ral Partha set of it and so I will also finish Shadamehr on his horse and put them all in a small snowy scene lateron. Her are just a few images of him....
Views: 633   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2006 6:45am
by Dirk "Brushguy" ...
a
Arkady
Dark Sword Limited Editions in Europe
I'm interested in getting one or two of the Limited Edition Miniatures, but this isn't easy for someone in Austria. None of my local gaming stores (yeah, I'm old school - support your local store!) seem to be able to get them. Ordering them from Dark Sword isn'...
Views: 798   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 4:05pm
by Balgin Stondraeg
DragonLance original painting for sale
I thought people may be interested in a ebay auction that is selling the original piece of art for the 1987 DragonLance game module "The Atlas of the DragonLance World". Painted by Larry Elmore. This painting is a piece of DragonLance history. I would think with the...
Views: 735   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 2:42pm
by astinius
Do people like the cleaned up flow of the site better?
Just curious if people like the cleaner flow of our Web site and the fact that you can go to one place to see all the pics of that particular fig. Let me know... Cheers, Jim
Views: 609   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 2, 2006 7:13am
by Blacksteel
Dark Sword Minis in Germany?
Hi everyone! Does anyone know of a shop in Germany that carries Dark Sword Minis? I'd like to get my hands on that green dragon... Cheers!
Views: 1000   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 18, 2006 11:47am
by Ralph
Summoner
The painted Tom Meier Summoner is astounding! IMHO the best 28mm-Work I've ever seen. A Wonderful Sculpt and a great paintjob!
Views: 668   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2006 2:56am
by Poliorketes
When is set #8 coming out?
Hi, I'm interested in the mage from set #8 ("Ancient White - Male Mage by Larry Elmore") and it says it will be released this summer. Well, It's June. How much longer to wait? Nick
Views: 585   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2006 5:08pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Feedback on the Elmore Dragons Set # 2 by Federico
HI everyone - Just wanted to get the thread started on feedback for the Elmore Dragons Set # 2 painted by a gentleman named Federico. He wanted to paint that dragon up and get feedback on it from everyone here. So sound off! Cheers, Jim www.DarkSword...
Views: 700   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 11, 2006 8:40pm
by Federico
Do you prefer the new montage pics to splitting every pic up?
Hi there - Just checking in to see if people prefer the Montage Pics to the split up pic format I usually use. This of course is simply for the green pics that Tom sends over. Sound off and let us know. Cheers, Jim
Views: 742   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 1:23am
by Ralph
Any Chance...
Hello, is there any chance there will be a up coming release of figures that has miniatures that are, well more dressed? I do really like the detail on the new Parkinson/Meier #3 set, but I am not really a fan of half naked miniatures. I know you use original sket...
Views: 663   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 6:59pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Elmore Masterworks #7 "Close Combat" Female Sorceress
I finished up another of these miniatures on commission. Enjoy! More angles available at my webpage.
Views: 726   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 6, 2006 12:00pm
by Deane P. Goodwin
Post your thoughts on Dennis Mize and what his miniatures have meant to you over the years.
I should have done this right away. Please post your thoughts on Dennis Mize and what his sculpted miniatures have meant to you over the years. I will go first. Dennis was one of the first sculptors in which I could identify his minis right from sight. I...
Views: 997   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 28, 2006 4:42pm
by Taylor
j
Jeff
Singles from Sets
I saw the recent update of new singles from box sets. I noticed that some minis are not available from Parkinson set 1 and Elmore set 5. I'd really like to get the Lost Prince mini along with the alternate version Offering mini but don't want to buy the whole set....
Views: 675   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 7:47am
by Shakandara
What do people think of the 1st Parkinson Set # 3 Green from Tom Meier?
Hi there everyone - Just checking in to see what people think of the 1st Tom Meier green for Parkinson Set # 3. Sound off and let us know. Cheers and get ready for more.... Jim
Views: 742   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 12:34pm
by Daniel R. Course
So what does everyone think of the new Easley Dragon pics?
Sound off and let us know what you think.... Cheers, Jim
Views: 879   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 16, 2006 10:31pm
by Shakandara
Reaper/Dark Sword relation ship?
I was just wondering, what exactly is the relationship between Reaper Minis and Dark Sword? I noticed you plugging their latest dragon, are you sister companies or something?
Views: 973   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 16, 2006 4:18pm
by MonsterMcat
DS Goes "Artsy-Fartsy"?
So, the other day, I got this e-mail from DS, and I am reading along and come across this part. "Gen Con Indy 2006 News for those of you who are going to attend Dark Sword Miniatures will be at Gen Con Indy this year in the Elmore Island Booth like we have been f...
Views: 606   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2006 1:08pm
by Blacksteel
Sets or singles?
Are all the singles available in the sets of 6. I stumblede accross these mini's and I absolutely love them. Do I just pick up the sets when they become vailable (or when my wallet permits) or are there singles that I need to pick up seperately? Cheers
Views: 594   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 3, 2006 8:29am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Gringe Commander or the Fonz?
See the similarities? Hey!!! I love this mini Cheers
Views: 652   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2006 5:51am
by Yogie Bear
LotR "Limited Editions"
A few weeks ago you (Dark Sword Miniatures) were asking if we (the paying customers) could obtain certain LotR limited edition miniatures that would soon be available over here in England. Well, they've actualy been available over here in England for at least two mon...
Views: 618   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2006 4:26pm
by Balgin Stondraeg
r
Ralph
No more small parts, please
Hi Jim- Would it be possible to cut future models for the casting in larger pieces? I assembled the Elmore Dragon #1 yesterday - and it truely was a hassle! It would have been much easier for example to glue all four legs as single parts to the body (like the left f...
Views: 594   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 27, 2006 3:10pm
by Ralph
Does Dark Sowrd offer a schedule for 2006?
Hey Jim, Just a quick question, as the "Base thread" is very exciting news for me, I was wondering if there will be some sort of schedule/dates when DS will be planning to relase its new Amazon with the new base configuration. As well - "if its even possible"...
Views: 603   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 4:07pm
by Blacksteel
Bases?
I understand the uniqueness of DS miniatures, but will DS release minis that will not come with their own integrated base?
Views: 984   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 8:51am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Do you like the Blackwashed metal pics we did?
Please sound off and let me know if you like the look of the blackwashed pics on the metal pieces. Does this help showcase the detail and the look of our miniatures on the metal copies? Some people do not like looking at greens so I wanted to be sure this was a...
Views: 642   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 11, 2006 7:51am
by Dark Sword Minia...
what are the miniatures made out of?
Hello! I was just wondering something: what are these miniatures made out of? Is there any way to take care of them? Also, what should I know about the thing that they're made out of? Thanks!
Views: 608   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2006 7:50am
by Dark Sword Minia...
r
Ralph
How about more monsters to complete the scenes?
Hi Jim, did you think of or even plan to release more monsters, e.g. the ones from the artworks of which you already produce the humans like Parkinson's "Return of the Banished", Caldwell's "Mind of the Magic", "GlenRaven", or "Wiz Biz II" or Elmore's "Shrouded Real...
Views: 611   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2006 3:17am
by Ralph
Elmore Masterworks #7 - Female Mage
Hello! I just finished painting this one for a commission. I am very happy with how the hair turned out in particular. She's been painted entirely with Reaper Master Series paints. Additional angles can be found at my webpage!
Views: 566   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2006 8:54pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
New Slave Series II??
With you folks keeping Mr.Dennis Mize on hand, what are the chances that there would ever be a 2nd Slaver series of the old Ral Partha type collection of his famous Slave series? Adult or semi-clothed is also a good option. I seem to remember a run on the Slave M...
Views: 836   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 18, 2006 8:54pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
slightly larger figures
i would like to know if you will be doing at any time in the future maybe some slightly larger figures- 54mm or any scale around this scale.
Views: 1155   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 10:46am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Other artists to bring on board?
Hi, I was just wondering if you plan to bring on board any other fantasy artists in addition to Keith Parkinson and Larry Elmore? In particular if you want to do some dragons without the TSR copyright problem, then Ciruelo has some great pictures that I would love...
Views: 1514   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 10:03am
by Dark Sword Minia...
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet