Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No more small parts, please

Hi Jim-
Would it be possible to cut future models for the casting in larger pieces? I assembled the Elmore Dragon #1 yesterday - and it truely was a hassle! It would have been much easier for example to glue all four legs as single parts to the body (like the left front leg) than to glue the tiny pointy things to the legs. Also, other manufacturers cut the head of their dragons at the mouth in two pieces (and leave the lower part attached to the neck) so the whole upper part with the horns stays complete. It's really been a challenge to glue the two horns to the head so that they stay parallel and stick solidly to the head. Especially those parts with just a spot to glue on and which stick out are very difficult to attach firmly and neatly.
Thank you for considering that.
Ralph

Re: No more small parts, please

Hi Ralph -

We always try to make the best "cuts" on miniatures. Sometimes though, Dennis will try something different to get a better effect. We do not set out to cut stuff in odd places to make your life difficult - I promise you that.

It all really just depends on the piece in question and the sculptor doing up the piece....

Talk to you soon!

Jim

Re: No more small parts, please

Hi Jim-
I'm sure you (or Dennis) didn't have in mind to increase the fun with the minis with making assembling them a challenge but perhaps you could avoid at least the parts which have to be glued to a spot. Even the smallest drop of Cyanoacrylate flows away and ruins the structure around the attached part. It's really a shame when that happens. And it is almost impossible to attach these horns in a way that they don't break off at the slightest touch. No offense or criticism meant, though. You know what I think about your minis.
Just the wish to make them more solid and easier to assemble.
Thanks for the answer,
Ralph