Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So what do you think of Elmore Dragons Set # 4 so far?

Sound off and let us know.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Re: So what do you think of Elmore Dragons Set # 4 so far?

I think it is your best loking dragon yet, very good work on it. Unlike your other dragons this one just gives the right style of what a dragon is to me.

There is definitely a iguana-esque influence in this dragon; the body position, the curves in the tail, etc. I like it. I especially like the partially folded-style wings, the head ridges, and the tail razor. All, very cool stuff. This will definitely be part of my collection.

~v

Hi,
I have a question, how do sculptors like Tom Meier and Dave Summers sculpt scales. Im talking the triangular or spade shaped ones that overlap like scale mail armor, not knobby or iregular pattern scales. Do they lay down strips and scuplt one row at a time or do they cut each one out and place them on one at a time?
I'm asking because I have my first sculpted dragon almost complete, just not shore where to start with the scales as I have never done it before.
Thanks in advance - Federico

Hello!

Well, the sculpt looks great so far.
Very nice work by Dave!
I only find the pose a bit static. But of course that's because of the artwork.
Other than that, I am pretty excited about it and can't wait to slap some paint on it. ;-)
It is nice to see Dave doing another big one!

Cheers
Dirk "Brushguy" Stiller

Well, looking at the pieces before me, it'll take a bit to get it all prepped and ready to paint, but those wing pieces especially fit like a dream, Jim. Kudo's to you guys for a great cast! I can't wait to see it ready to paint. I'll do another Dragon Diary so everyone can see for themselves what a great dragon this is. Hmmm, I guess that means I gotta get the new website up and running, huh?

This dragon is very well done. I especially like the low "skulkey" lizard look of the the body and legs- almost reminiscent of a Komodo dragon. It's really nice to see a great wing look that is very "cape" like and seemingly relative to the size and shape of the body. The eye detail is nice, as is the head, (horns and frills) very lizard like and slitherey. So, any word on the release date?

HI there -

Well, it will for sure be out at Gen Con Indy in August.

However, I might release a few "pre-releases" before that (in a clamshell package) to get some out there and painted up to support the main release.

Stay tuned for updates via the Web site and our email news updates.

Cheers and thanks for the kind words. Dave Summers is a sculpting genius when it comes to the large beasties.

Jim

I wonder, will you be including the Hawkman (and, I hope, the girl) with the Dragon to make it an "all-in-one artwork box"?

I do not know if we will be including the Hawkman or not.... I need to give that some thought....

The girl will not be done at this time.

Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Jim

I love it! And I can't wait to get my hands on one! GREAT WORK!