Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
slightly larger figures

i would like to know if you will be doing at any time in the future maybe some slightly larger figures- 54mm or any scale around this scale.

Re: slightly larger figures

Hi Marc!

Actually, this has been discussed, but at this time we are staying the course with the larger 30mm miniatures which are the standard for the industry.

54mm are nice, no question about it, but this would be aimed 110% at the collectors only as gamers typically prefer the 30mm miniatures for gaming.

Any artwork in particular you would like to see in the larger 54mm scale?

Let us know so we can start compiling the list...

Cheers,

Jim

Dechara's Tree
Halfling Thief
Lure
Thornscape Master
Thore
The Portal
The Offering
Warm Summer Evening
War of the Lance
Underwater Elves
Island of Minotars
Bones of the Past
The Dress of Flowers
Wood Spirit and Friends
All the Amazons

maybe Tankers and Lost in Time
I'd really like to see you do Frost Giant, but I think that's a TSR thing.

I think Larry Elmore's painting "Your Move" would make a great 54mm or 72/80mm set.

see it here: http://www.larryelmore.com/popups/color/co129.htm

(hopefully linking to the pic is OK)

HI,

I second the offering by elmore and his underwater elves.
He also has a nice angel piece called Once while walking.

Although I would show interest in almost any dark elf mini.
Jennifer-

but i had something else in mind such as one of seasonal dragons from dragon lance with the whole cast of characters from the books and prints - elmore.

I visit your site often to see what's new, but haven't posted till now. If you put out any of the female figures from Parkinson, Caldwell, or Elmore (at least the first sets) in at least 54mm, or better yet 90 or 120; I'll be all over them. I know Caldwell has one out, The Wurm Turns, but it isn't my favorite of his so I don't have it yet.
There is another whole group of us our here that aren't into the gaming side, but love to do figures. Especially ladies.
Please, please. At least do Valshea or Valkrye or Chicks In Chainmail or DeMorgan or .....

Hi there!

Larger figs - ah yes.....

Well, I am excited to see what happens with the new George RR Martin line from Testors (the 54mm line) as Tom Meier is sculpting it up. I will be watching that line closeley to see how it is received and accepted into our market.

Many companies have tried the whole 54mm and larger miniature line in the past and for some reason, they just do not seem to stick in the gaming industry.

But if we could make money off of them in other industrys (like the Pewter Gift Market), then it might be do-able.

Heck, there was even a 54mm Elmore piece that Dark Sword owns the rights to that was done up in the late 1990's. I will get pics posted on the site soon to get your thoughts.

This is something that the artists would love to see as they like the larger pieces as well. But if they do not sell then we would have an issue and lots of money thrown down the proverbial drain.

Stay tuned for the 54mm pics....

Cheers,

Jim