Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do people think of the 1st Parkinson Set # 3 Green from Tom Meier?

Hi there everyone -

Just checking in to see what people think of the 1st Tom Meier green for Parkinson Set # 3.

Sound off and let us know.

Cheers and get ready for more....

Jim

Re: What do people think of the 1st Parkinson Set # 3 Green from Tom Meier?

WOW! Just WOW! It's really amazing. Great atmosphere and expression.
Ralph

Holy crap,
His stuff just keeps getting better. That man needs to train an apprentice so that this tradition can continue.

wow, wow, wow

Wow, indeed! This is definately my new favorite miniature.. ;)

/ali

Jim,
Are you willing to tell us what other pieces Tom will be doing? or are they top secret?

Double-Triple Top Secret. NO Soup For you!

hehe...

Just kidding.

This set is pretty much all from his sketch-book. And they are all females.

I need to get scans from the sketch book posted up to the site for the 1st miniature.

Tom may end up sculpting these all up over the next few weeks - it is TBD based on his workload.

If that is the case - then it will be funner to see them as they get sculpted up.

They are some great looking pieces though - you just wait and see.

Cheers and thanks for the nice shout out on Frothers.

Talk to you soon...

Jim

Its Keith. Its Tom. What's not to like?

WOW!!!!!!!!! As said above, Tom's ability is much like a fine wine, in just keeps getting better with age. This is easily the most acurate, natural, beautiful female sculpt ive ever seen, alot of other sculpters try to make the "mammery glands" and other ares exageratted or too thin, this girl is perfect and realistic. great job. Please ask Tom for me if he could sculpt some more small dragons like the Brass/Sea/Forest/and Great fire dragon he did for partha in the 80's, these were/are some of the best dragons and I like the size because an adventurer might actually have a chance against a smaller dragon, the big ones from other manufacturers like Viridius (which is a very nice big model from Reaper) are cool but would take a couple of F14 Tomcats to have a chance against it in a game. Great job to tom and good job darksword for giving the man a place to sell his wares.

As per my e-mail to you, Jim, this mini is just insane. I've looked over the pictures carefully, comparing the various parts of it to the ruler Tom so thoughtfully includes with his sculpts for scale reference. When you consider that many of the details on this miniature are less than 1/2 of a MILLIMETER you begin to understand how deft of a touch Tom possesses. This is some of the most exceptional work I have ever seen by anyone for any company. Simply phenominal.

~v

This is looking great so far :).

Absolutely stunning.