Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Mark
TV series influence on sculpting miniatures for Martin's characters
So now that the Game of Thrones show has come out on HBO, I'm wondering if this will somehow affect the sculpts to come out in the future. I really love the miniatures as they are, and enjoy the fact that they are the product of imagination and not limited to by wha...
Views: 517   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 5, 2011 7:00pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
How about some halfling minis?
How about making a few nice looking halfling minis? Clive Caldwell has a female bard, and Larry Elmore has a Female Halfling rogue. I can't be the onle person looking for a decent halfling mini.
Views: 515   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 5, 2011 6:59pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
m
Matty
Frog Miniatures
Hi! Stumbled across this site.. and glad for it. I discovered King Ploogak and his fantastic royal frog subjects. I am hoping that more of these froggies are due to come out this year.. 2011? Hoping that this line is going strong! I placed an order to kick...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2011 6:57pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Martin miniatures
Well, to Dark Sword's credit, I disliked 'A Game of Thrones' so much I almost swore off ever buying anything with the name on it. However, of course, DS had made some excellent miniatures and some, with a nice amount of filing off of heralds, make nice miniatures fo...
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 6:20pm
by KelRiever
UK Orders
Can these figurines be ordered to the UK?
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 5:43am
by Dark Sword Minia...
tutorials - getting some?
I would like to know if you will be having tutorials for your figures maybe in the future?
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2011 5:29pm
by Bill Stellin
Tom Meier's Maester Luwin green pix posted on GRRM's blog
See subject line... http://grrm.livejournal.com/ (sorry, couldn't figure out how to turn this into a clickable link) Enjoy! The Maester looks awesome! George also mentions Tom will be working on a young Robert at the Trident soon. It should be interesti...
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2011 7:24am
by Westeros_Fan
Is there anywhere that i can check for upcoming releases for the GRRM line?
Hey guys, Just stumbled on to this site and am blown away by the GRRM line. These are some of my favorite books ever and i cant wait to get my hands on a few of these minis. There are so many characters that dont have minis yet i am seriously dying to know what any...
Views: 836   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 17, 2011 7:22am
by Westeros_Fan
m
Mogsam
European distributors?
Hi, I'm interested in some of the George RR Martin figures however the postage to europe is a bit steep without buying most of them. Is there a european store to buy from?
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2011 7:49pm
by DarkSwordMiniatu...
l
Lasse
Size of DSM5038
Hello, I just found the perfect match for a character of mine here at Darksword. The other members of her adventuring group I found at the Reaper homepage... I read already in other threads that the size of the Darksword miniatures matches the size of Reapers Dar...
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 3:55am
by Lasse
Visions of Fantasy - Frazetta a possibile ?
dear Jim (jesh do I sound childish ) is a Frank Farzetta(RIP) miniatureline possible and wished?
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2010 8:56am
by Hellharlequin
Request for new mini
Could one of you do a young male mage apprentice, age 10 or 12, casting his first spell?
Views: 396   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 30, 2010 7:43pm
by DarkSwordMiniatu...
online order
Do I need customer ID for online buying. Because when add some figures to the basket I have no find any register Customer access for online buying. Is that I just click the desire products then submit the Credit card for buying that it all?
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 8:50pm
by DarkSwordMiniatu...
Problems With A Hand
Just took delivery of this: http://darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/gallery/e_1167_ElvenPrincess.htm The problem I am having is gluing the hand with the staff to the model. I have been using a touch of superglue but this doesn't seem to work, it just...
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 7:21am
by Westeros_Fan
s
Scott
Why no search feature?
Am I just missing something? I can't find a "search" feature to search for minis on the site. It would come in really handy.
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 1:50pm
by Scott
Warforged?
Are there any plans to create a construct like warforged mini? I would be willing to pay upwards of $40.00 for a unpainted pewter warforged wielding a battleaxe. Not sure about copyright laws on this particular miniature. Any information on where I could obtain...
Views: 351   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 30, 2010 7:58pm
by Ashton
Thief of Hearts
Would really love to see the painted versions of the Thief of Hearts DSM7515 and DSM7514. Will they be posted soon?
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2010 7:34pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Suggestion : new head options
I have received eddard and Sam minis this morning. Super-fast shipping...great !!! Thanks for the free swag. And Tom made an awesome work, as usual... I have a suggestion. I like very much the head options in the GRR Martin masterworks, and there are 3 armor-c...
Views: 425   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 15, 2010 1:14pm
by The Mountain tha...
c
crBeck
Size matters.
I'm trying to purchase alike scaled miniatures to form my player character party. I love the work that Darksword does. My question is size. I have DSM5003 Melisandre by Tom Meier and SMElmore07B - Pirate Lass by Tom Meier, there is a great difference in the heigh...
Views: 657   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 2:14pm
by John Buitel
Mouse Warrior
I bought and started to paint the Mouse warrior. Cool mini, but it had to go back into the green bath of death. I want to take the shield arm off, for easier painting, but it won't come off. I thought it was a separate piece, but since it won't come off (the green...
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2010 8:31pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Marike's GenCon Cersei; upcoming GRRM releases?
I saw the photos of Marike's GenCon Cersei on GRRM's (not a) blog, and holy hell that is amazing; she's really outdone herself with this one! If you read this, MR, congrats on cleaning up in the painting comp - definitely some well-deserved wins! PS. Jim, any...
Views: 302   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 8:48am
by Westeros_Fan
Frogs and Guinea Pig Samurai...
Please tell me I will be able to build an army out of these one day, ie. there are more on the horizon. Thanks! Jonathan
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 10:24am
by Andrew
f
Fred
When are the GRRM "monsters" coming?
With all of the wildings and black brothers you've done, I'm surprised we haven't seen any of the "monsters" of the North. What about a giant, or even better, a giant riding a mammoth? An "other"? An "ice spider"? or maybe some wights (including a white bear!)?
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 6:00am
by Westeros_Fan
G.R.R.Martin mounted?
Any chances we will eventually see some of the G.R.R.Martin characters mounted on horses? I can see great diarama possibilities with Robb Stark or Jaime Lannister on Warhorses. or even Loras and Gregor. Andrew Gloria Invictus
Views: 547   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 22, 2010 8:07pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
f
Fred
DSM5041
I'm preparing to order all of the available George RR Martin minis, and I noticed a break in the stock numbers. DSM5041 doesn't appear in the online store. Is it sold out? What figure is it?
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2010 11:56am
by Fred
m
Mark
Re: Dragon Slayers and Proud of it!
Just wondering if you have ever considered turning the folks in this painting into the "flesh & blood". I would especially like to see the little elvish lass on the left available. Just wondering :) Mark
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2010 6:50am
by Mark
dwarves
when will you have someone sculpt a dwarf any.
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 4:00pm
by Balgin Stondraeg
Dragon's Blood - Female Fighter
My wife has a character in a RPG that is a Goliath fighter. My question is what is the scale of the Female Fighter in the Dragon's Blood series? How will this size compare to the average 28mm Mini (I realize there may not be such a thing as an average.) We are...
Views: 380   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 3:58pm
by Balgin Stondraeg
Dark Sword is overhauling our site - need your thoughts/ideas folks!
Hey, I need some help. I am going to totally overhaul the Dark Sword site as it has been over 5 years since we built our V 2.0 site that you see now. I want to really streamline things and make the online store much stronger (smaller pics for easier scrolling). This...
Views: 604   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 3, 2010 5:24pm
by DarkSwordMiniatu...
p
Prysm
Female Assassin Mini by Jeff Grace DSM7415
I am interested in buying the miniature by Jeff Grace DSM7415 Female Assassin from the Visions in Fantasy collection. I play D&D and need a female rogue/thief mini and thought this one was beautifully designed. I read they come in pewter and unpainted. I want to know...
Views: 612   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 16, 2010 8:27am
by Westeros_Fan
'Who's gonna be the next GRRM mini' poll up on George's Not-a-blog
Definitely worth a look if you just know you're going to die if you don't see a mini for {your favourite character} soon... So far, another Dany mini has got the most votes by a pretty huge number. No doubt - Who wouldn't rather paint her than "Fat Robert"?
Views: 397   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 24, 2010 9:31am
by Westeros_Fan
my miniatures page
Hello, I just waned to plug my miniatures page. I have over 1000 listings with lots of OOP Ral Partha, Grenadier, Citadel, Superior, Heritage, Custom Cast, Elan Merch and other old lead figures. Some of my fellow collectors have used my images on the stuff of leg...
Views: 415   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2010 10:08am
by jalexter
Yahoo! New GRRM minis finally available!
I am extremely stoked about the new GRRM miniatures you've got ready to ship out: 1. GRRM - The Mountain that Rides - Tom Meier 2. GRRM - The Red Viper - Tom Meier 3. GRRM - Aeron "Damphair" Greyjoy - Jeff Grace 4. GRRM - Victarion Greyjoy - Jeff Grace I'll...
Views: 748   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 8:28am
by Westeros_Fan
painted sansa w/snow castle pic up on GRRM's not-a-blog
See title. 'Nuff said? If not, FYI the one he posted is a Marike paintjob... Here's the link. Also wanted to renew my earlier request for adding pix of a Jon Snow mini side-by-side with Ghost. Enjoy, Jeff
Views: 463   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 8:41am
by Westeros_Fan
Barry Blair
I am not sure how many of you are familiar with comic book writer/artist/creator Barry Blair (ElfLord, Samurai, Dragon Ring, Sapphire), but I have been letting everyone who might want to know that Mr. Blair passed away on Sunday morning. His partner and colorist Col...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2010 7:28pm
by Jeremiah
a
Ananke
Assembly Required?
so i ordered http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/gallery/V_femalepaladin.htm from Dark Sword and I wasn't really thinking about it at the time because it doesn't mention it but it's pretty obvious that the sword and shield come as separate pieces that you attach. If i...
Views: 346   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 16, 2009 8:27am
by Westeros_Fan
a
Ananke
Miniatures Sizes
So i noticed most of the models on this site are fairly small, 28-30mm so somewhere between 1"-1.5" are any of these miniatures made on a slightly larger scale? and even on slightly larger ones i have a very hard time painting detailed eyes (like with whites, pup...
Views: 517   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 8:40pm
by Ananke
new Meier greens
A couple of great new GRRM greens. lovely work - great faces. Glad the heraldry is being sculpted on. So the big question is: Any ETA on the release of the latest 4 from Tom?
Views: 556   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 13, 2009 5:09pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
m
Mandy
Do the miniatures ordered come painted??
Sorry, I looked everywhere for this answer but I couldn't find it. If I missed it somewhere, I really do apologize for clogging up the boards with this silly question... I really want DSM1132 with the paint already on it (linked below)... is this possible?...
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2009 9:36pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
b
Bill
Spoilers in descriptions
I think you do a disservice to your customers by having spoilers, whether intentional or not, in your descriptions of some of your miniatures. For example the description on how to paint Cersei in the GRRM series. This is a horrible spoiler, tyvm. You can't assume...
Views: 366   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 11:40am
by Westeros_Fan
v
Valloa
Frog Release Dates
Will the new frogs, especially the Christmas frog, be out before Christmas? Maya~
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 27, 2009 1:31pm
by Valloa
GRRM Miniatures - Painting
Hey Dark Sword Staff, I was perusing your GRRM Masterworks Miniatures and was instantly hooked...I am a long time fan of the 'The Song of Ice and Fire' series so it was not hard to win my love for these amazing miniatures. The only disappointing thing for me is t...
Views: 356   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2009 4:56pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
a
Andres
dragons and more
Hello, My name is Andres ,friends, and live in the Canary Islands,Spain'm a fan of your wonderful miniatures, especially the dragons, I have several, including the golden dragon of chaos, formerly distributed by Ral Partha, you plan to retrieve some other dragon limi...
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 8, 2009 12:51pm
by Andres
The new warrior (DSM7416)
I'm really fired up about this green and can't wait for him to be released. However I'd like to ask if the sword is a separate piece. The joint at the hip/thigh looks too narrow for it to be a one part model and, knowing Dark Sword miniatures the way I do, I suspect...
Views: 378   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 3, 2009 8:38am
by Balgin Stondraeg
r
Rob
GRRM new releases
When will the Red Viper and the Mountain that Rides be available for purchase? They both look fantastic! Rob
Views: 301   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 9:21pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Elmore - Death of Sturm
will there ever be a mini done of Luarana from the painting death of sturm?
Views: 409   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 5:54pm
by Wulfgarn
More Dark Sword spoilers from GRRM's blog?
Recent excerpt from GRRM's Not-A-Blog: "For the miniature collectors out there, Dark Sword has four more figures in the pipeline for our Ice & Fire range -- gorgeous greens of Aeron Damphair and his brother Victarion from Jeff Grace, and spectacular sculpts of the M...
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 7:36am
by Westeros_Fan
limited Edition female sorceress
Hey Jim, Thanks for making the female sorceress available. I had suffered from a bout of dissapointment when this figure was not part of the G.R.R.MArtin release, and the lannister lady was so similar I thought that this sculpt had been modified by Tom. I was quite...
Views: 754   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 9:03pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
DRAGON*CON
Very nice display at Dragon*Con. I am very glad you came as I would have never of known of the great quality of your minis. Look forward to buying more in the future. Christopher
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2009 6:32am
by Christopher
l
Liam R
Any chance of getting any egyptian mini's?
I've looked on the internet and there seems to be very few companies that produce these. Is it possible that Dark Sword may produce some minis in this range with Egyptian gods and other creatures in the line?
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 3:43pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet