Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dragons and more

Hello, My name is Andres ,friends, and live in the Canary Islands,Spain'm a fan of your wonderful miniatures, especially the dragons, I have several, including the golden dragon of chaos, formerly distributed by Ral Partha, you plan to retrieve some other dragon limited or outside that company, such as dracolich or Takhisis? you have thought out some other dragon soon,? sacareis some of Chris Achilleos? like the illustration of the broken bridge,or others.? Many thanks for your fantastic work PD: sorry for my English, I speak better Spanish:)

Re: dragons and more

Hello Andres -

The dracolich and Takhisis were TSR licensed properties that cannot be touched. I own the Larry Elmore license so I worked out a deal to secure the rights to the Golden Dragon of Chaos sculpt from IWM.

The market for larger dragons is really weak right now with all of the great pre-painted plastic McFarlane Dragons and such out on the market. I would like to come out with a new dragon sometime in the next year or two. They will most likely be for the GRRM Masterworks line at different stages of their lives.

Warm Regards,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Re: dragons and more

Thank you for your answer.I
understand the matter of the market, having to cope with pre-painted plastic, but I think this sector (about fantasy) is running out, for example, and does Mcfarlane dragons, end Collection, it would be nice future to see dragons, great artist like Chris Achilleos, (sorry but you have a special fondness, his dragon bridge (Dragonspell) as well as his dragon (red dragon challenge). will draw some of this artist? Soon Escenaris small sculpting based on illustrations as "the big stash" (Keith Parkinson) or Larry elmore "ancient network," Dungeon of Dread, Ice Boats, and etc.. Is there anything so planned?I have not seen the dragons of GRR, but will be waiting, again my most sincere congratulations for your work, something unique and essential for lovers of good fantasy. PS: I am sorry my low level of English