Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problems With A Hand

Just took delivery of this:

http://darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/gallery/e_1167_ElvenPrincess.htm

The problem I am having is gluing the hand with the staff to the model.

I have been using a touch of superglue but this doesn't seem to work, it just gives me a very weak join and the hand falls off. I don't want to use too much because it really is only a very small area and I don't want to flood it.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

Re: Problems With A Hand

One thing that works well for those kind of joins, ones that are too small to pin and too large to glue, is hot puttying.
This is done by taking a small amount of modeling putty, i use green stuff, putting it into the area that needs glueing and then adding glue to it before sticking the pieces together. Sometimes there is some excess that comes out of the gap but while it is wet it can easily be removed with a sculpting tool or knife.
It holds extremely well and is about the only thing i use for these kind of joins.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try!!

Good suggestion. But if you can pin it, I would highly suggest doing so. Pinning can only make the join stronger. For a Dark Sword mini's hand/wrist, this can be pretty tough to do, but I've had some success with a really, really fine pin vise bit, using an ordinary staple for the pin.

Jeff