Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suggestion : new head options

I have received eddard and Sam minis this morning. Super-fast shipping...great !!! Thanks for the free swag.
And Tom made an awesome work, as usual...

I have a suggestion.

I like very much the head options in the GRR Martin masterworks, and there are 3 armor-clad minis with only bare-heads : ser Loras, ser Jaime and eddard stark.

They lack some helm option, I think.

I'd wish Tom to sculpt heads wearing helm for these 3 minis. You could sell the 3 new heads packed together.

Regards,

Yannick

Re: Suggestion : new head options

Cool idea! Similarly (though it wouldn't necessarily provide suitable heads for ser Loras, ser Jaime and Lord Eddard in particular), even just the ability to order individual parts/sprues from existing multi-part minis would be great, and wouldn't require separate sculpting of new bits. There are a few different characters in the books who wind up wearing a particular and very distinctive helm, for instance, and this would enable us to create/convert those characters without having to pick up an entire extra (ie.) Sandor Clegane (or force us to choose from among fewer heads when assembling him so's to save the one in question for another mini)...

Meanwhile, have you considered swapping heads out for something from another mini? There are tons of helmeted heads out there in the world of minis to choose from, and (depending on the mini) a head swap is generally a fairly simple conversion... I'm sure something suitable could be found for any of those 3 characters with a little searching. Something to consider anyhow, if you haven't already done so.

Jeff

Westeros_Fan

Meanwhile, have you considered swapping heads out for something from another mini?

Yes I have, but Tom's work is so extraordinary that I think heads from other minis wouldn't match its beauty and level of detail. I never have been plainly satisfied with such conversions, that is the reason why I wished new heads from Tom.

Moreover, minis from GRR Martin's line are in 1/48 scale, a scale which isn't so common in other fantasy lines.

Yannick

How do the GW heads stack up?
There are some great Bretonnian helmets that may do the trick. Very elaborate with all sorts of icons on top, not sure how the size matches up though.