Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The new warrior (DSM7416)

I'm really fired up about this green and can't wait for him to be released. However I'd like to ask if the sword is a separate piece. The joint at the hip/thigh looks too narrow for it to be a one part model and, knowing Dark Sword miniatures the way I do, I suspect the sword is part of the left hand which either atatches to the arm at the end of the glvoe or joins at the armpit, underneath the shoulderplate.

I'm asking because, whilst I love every other aspect of this miniature, the sword looks a touch too blocky, short and chunky for my tastes. I'd like to give him something slightly longer and thinner (and have various suitable blades in my bits box). So basicaly I'd like to know how many pieces he'll be in and how he'll fit together. I'm specificaly interested in knowing if the scabbard is connected to the hip and cloak as an integral piece (for a one part sculpt) or if it'll be separate (and contact them once attached).

Thanks in advance,
Balgin Stondraeg

Re: The new warrior (DSM7416)

Hi there. The ******* sword is attached to the fig actually along the leg. His hand/hilt are a very small seperate piece that pops in there.

Thanks for the question on this piece.

Warm Regards,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Interesting...The forum took the word B_stard and blocked it. You know what I meant though. The hand and a half sword is indeed one piece with the body of the mini.

Regards,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Interesting. The scabbard's contact with the leg and cloak looked quite minimal. I'll probably paint one as is anyway and then look into convertion options as it's mainly the quillons (crosspiece) that irked me somewhat.