Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Who's gonna be the next GRRM mini' poll up on George's Not-a-blog

Definitely worth a look if you just know you're going to die if you don't see a mini for {your favourite character} soon...

So far, another Dany mini has got the most votes by a pretty huge number. No doubt - Who wouldn't rather paint her than "Fat Robert"?

Re: 'Who's gonna be the next GRRM mini' poll up on George's Not-a-blog

Westeros_Fan
Definitely worth a look if you just know you're going to die if you don't see a mini for {your favourite character} soon...

So far, another Dany mini has got the most votes by a pretty huge number. No doubt - Who wouldn't rather paint her than "Fat Robert"?

Well I for one would rather have a fat robert (as long as its sculpted by Tom)for my collection. The miniature world has far to few fat characters that aren't comedy relief. Scantily clad queens are a dime a dozen. Queen Dany would be my 4th choice, but Rorge and Biter aren't on the list.

A dime a dozen?!

Dracarys!

:o)

She can't possibly be as scantily clad as the first Dany mini, right?

Point taken though, and note that I too would love to have a Fat King Robert Baratheon in my collection. But according to the latest Dark Sword e-newsletter, we're going to get a Samwell Tarly mini first, so your 'non-funny fat-guy minis' vacuum should soon be filled. Eddard & Shae too, and all 3 sculpted by Tom Meier - life is good!

I knew Samwell and Eddard were in the que for Tom, but somehow I missed the Shae anouncement - that is exciting news indeed.

still think I need a fat Robert mini though.

and rorge.

and biter.

Theres something about Georges world that requires some uglies to feel complete.

Agreed!

You could always make your own Rorge (while you're waiting for Dark Sword to make one) - just slap the Hound's helmeted head option onto one of the hedge knights or some other suitable body. OK, maybe that's not Rorge at his ugliest, but it's a start... This is one reason I wish Dark Sword would sell sprues and bits separately - for people who want to do conversions. Not a problem for me as I already have 2 of the Hound and plan on using the helmetless head for one, but I wouldn't have ordered an extra copy of the whole mini just to get an extra hound's-head helmet, y'know? Actually, I have no immediate plans to do this conversion anyhow, but you see my point.