Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new Meier greens

A couple of great new GRRM greens. lovely work - great faces. Glad the heraldry is being sculpted on. So the big question is: Any ETA on the release of the latest 4 from Tom?

Re: new Meier greens

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. It seems like Victarion, Aeron, the Mountain and the Red Viper have been sneak peeks for a while now... kinda hoping for a release soon...

But that's ok, I can't even begin to understand how time consuming this process is, so I don't mind waiting. They look great anyway, keep up the excellent work!

Probably late November/early December on those. Production Molds are done on the Mountain/Viper, but not on Robb/Brienne yet as Tom is cleaning up the master sets. It is a process in which one cannot skip steps or cut corners on the steps if you want to keep the quality at a top level.

I may even hold all the new GRRM new releases back and do a large release of them at once as a Wave # 2 so people overseas can save on shipping by getting them all at once. They would be available as singles as well of course.

Stay tuned....

Regards,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Jim,
Thanks, yea I wasn't trying to rush you along at all. just wondering if there was an ETA - just so I could know when to rush of to the The Source. If you don't want to nail one down thats cool. I will wait patiently.

hope your not getting frusterated with me over on that other "forum". I will back off on the scale issue.

Andrew

Hi Andrew - Ya never know, the Source might get stuff even ahead of me posting up on the Dark Sword site (which happens quite a bit actually as the Source gets the Royal Treatment/Advance scoop from Dark Sword).

No worries on the discussion, I just posted up a response with a link to some fun size comparison pics for the discussion. Many companies are included. The 40mm+ Fianna from Rackham makes for interesting comparison shots to early 1980's Partha stuff.

Talk to you soon.

Jim

Well, since I work only a couple blocks away (snelling and energy park drive), I tend to run down to the source once a week anyway - I'll just keep my eyes peeled for them - I always check their "new" section anyway. going to pick up ygritte today.

Couple more questions if you don't mind answering them. I know there are dire wolves in the mix in the future, any idea when those are slotted for and who you are going to have sculpt them? Since the three latest from Tom are done, whats next for him? I know - I'm a vampire - Never ever satisfied

The First Dire Wolf is complete - just awaiting George to approve.

Tom will roll into Eddard Stark and Samwell next unless we come up with something more pressing that he needs to dive into. But Tom is technically done until Jan 2010 as he jumped on the three ahead of schedule to get ahead of the game so he can focus on the Foxx minis from now through the end of the year with some T-Bolt stuff if possible as well.

He actually just knocked out a 4th Dark Sword mini that will get posted with the other three when George gets back and can approve them all. So there are 4 in the can that I am waiting to post up.

Lots of stuff in the pipeline - just need to get George back stateside to clear it out.

Stay tuned...

Jim

Dark Sword Miniatures
I may even hold all the new GRRM new releases back and do a large release of them at once as a Wave # 2 so people overseas can save on shipping by getting them all at once.

I've been waiting since August 31(!) to order Asha and Yrgitte, as I have all the other GRRM minis that have come up for sale already, and I don't want to spend all that $ on shipping to Canada for just 2 minis. You've got 6 greens for the GRRM line posted since then, plus the direwolf and at least one (maybe a couple others?) we haven't seen yet, but nothing new available for sale since August. It has been really tough waiting this long, especially with all the fantastic new greens you've posted & the ones we have heard about but haven't seen yet. The wait didn't get any easier about 10.5 weeks ago here, where Jim posted that Aeron, Victarion, the Mountain, and the Red Viper'd be available for purchase in roughly 5-6 weeks, and that the direwolf green would hopefully be up for viewing in mid-Oct). Note, I am fully aware these were only rough, early estimates that nobody should have expected to have been carved in stone, and I do understand completely about needing George's OK and him being overseas for the past while. Totally understandable & more than acceptable, but that doesn't help me stop going nuts, compulsively checking daily for months on end to see if they're available yet!

My point is, if my sanity means anything to you, Jim, please don't hold off on releasing any of them! - get GRRM's OK and post whatever you've got ready to go up for sale ASAP - I for one will be ecstatic & order them all that very day. You can still call it wave 2 if you want. Waiting for the next book & the HBO series is bad enough, without having to wait more than is absolutely necessary for the minis too.

End rant.

Thanks for listening,

Jeff

Hi there.

We are hoping to have some of the new releases available in 2-3 weeks. This is pretty firm as they are casting them this week and packing up & shipping the next week. So stay tuned.

The following items are being cast up right now -
The Mountain
The Viper
Victarion
Aeron
Female Anti-Paladin (with armor)
Male Warrior with ******* Sword

So these are being worked right now with more master/production molds being made as I type this for other new releases (even new GRRM stuff x 5 you have not seen yet - that George approved the other day).

So keep checking back for more updates and of course 5 new GRRM greens including Ghost and a special winter surprise sculpt on the GRRM line..

I hate to be a tease, but the new greens will be posted up in the next couple weeks.

Our main mold maker at the production facility got in a bad motorcycle wreck a while back so we are having our original mold maker taking these back on. He is not located at the production facility so things take a little longer to coordinate / finish than usual. His work is second to none, so have that going for us again, which is really great.

Stay tuned...

Jim

"couple of weeks"

Geez now your killing me as well. Why not just give me a paercut and pour lemon juice on it.

gloria_invictus

It is looking pretty good that it might be a tad earlier than that.

So stay tuned of course and get ready for 5 new GRRM Masterworks Greens here in that timeframe as well...

Stay tuned...

Jim

Just wanted to drop by to say those Arya, Sansa, and Catelyn miniatures are GORGEOUS! I don't collect, but I may have to get at least Sansa. Beautiful.

Oh I love the look of these new ones. Already I'm getting diorama ideas.

Please bear in mind that I've never read any of these Ice and Fire books but here's what I'm thinking: A wooded road, snowy in winter. The two Stark "ladies" (Arya & Catelyn) stand beside it, looking disturbingly composed whilst Robb Stark,the old Hedge Knight (aging guard), Night Watch with spear (in both hands, no shield)and sword (the one with the mail coif and lowered sword, not the kite shield and raised sword) defend the ladies from Wilders (Alfyn Crowkiller, Wilder with 2handed axe, the left handed one with sword & shield, the one with the club and axe, Ygrette & spearwife with sword & shield).

It then struck me that the Stark "ladies" seem very relaxed and not exactly fearful. Perhaps this diorama would work better if the soldiers are not defending the women, but actualy "putting down" rebellious peasants who have blocked the road and are demanding a toll.

I doubt I could do the scenery or the idea justice but it's certainly a strong visual scene. The next releases will probably be seeing an order from me :).

We have six new releases in our Online Store. They are here and ready for shipping out to you.

Andrew - I will have them up at The Source on Tuesday night.

There are 4 GRRM Masterworks minis and two VIF minis.

Regards,

Jim