Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
New GRRM greens kept secret?
How come the greens for Yrgitte and Asha Greyjoy are on GRRM's not-a-blog, but they are not to be found or mentioned in today's update of Dark Sword's main page? Were they supposed to be kept secret for some reason? No big deal; just curious - last time GRRM po...
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 6:41pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Just got my new GRRM package, am loving it!
Well, I just got my new GRRM minis in the mail yesterday and they are FANTASTIC, just as expected! So far I've got all the GRRM minis (other than the two that are in 54mm scale). These new ones include the 2 Hedge Knights, Theon, Tyrion, and the Direwolf Diorama...
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 10:31am
by WesterosFan
More official GRRM line colour schemes to come?
Does anyone know if there are plans to get more official colour schemes for the GRRM line characters from GRRM himself, like the descriptions that are already online at http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/grrm.htm for the characters in wave 1 of the line? I'd think t...
Views: 634   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 13, 2009 8:09am
by WesterosFan
Daughter
I just read about your daughter on George Martins web site. I will pray for your little one to recover and hope and pray for only the best for you and your family. Ken
Views: 931   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 11:49am
by Anthony Tomasino
Any more Clyde Caldwell Figures?
Just seeing if there will be any more Clyde Caldwell figures. There are some greats that would be awesome as miniatures.
Views: 521   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 9:09pm
by RickR
Elmore Dragon set 3 Golden Dragon of Chaos : Limited Edition?
Hi, I'm somewhat confused... This morning I finally received my favorite e-bay purchase yet : The Ral Partha Limited Edition 01-507, Golden Dragon Of Chaos. I got an excellent deal on this beautiful Dragon, and I'm proud to add it to my collection. I immediately p...
Views: 1065   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2009 1:01pm
by Charles Braham
b
Bill
Praise and complaints
Guys: First I want to thank you for your efforts in bringing these figures into life. This is so cool. I'm making an assumption that the figures are true to life and that other common figures are more like a anima characters. Where everything is emphasized. That...
Views: 560   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2009 4:20pm
by Bill
George R.R. Martin Masterworks - Lannister Lady in Waiting
I am confused about the size of this minature and wanted to know if anyone knew what mm she is.
Views: 532   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 9:23am
by Andrew Roebrts
Female Elven Rider as a seperate piece?
I'm so old school, I have two of the War Eagle that are in boxes. I'd have no problem picking up the rider but don't see it as a seperate piece. Any chance of that happening?
Views: 466   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 10:00am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Jim and Melissa's Daughter Lillian Passes Away...
So Jim doesn't have to, he has more important things to focus on right now, I want to let everyone here, on the Dark Sword site, know that yesterday, Wednesday the 14th, Jim and Melissa's little baby girl, Lillian, passed away after 3 days in intensive care. She stop...
Views: 838   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 12:29pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Vision in Fantasy
Hi Guys Just had to post! finished painting my first Dark Sword mini, the female paladin sculped by Jeff Grace,is this good or what!! great detail, iam not a gamer, i normally paint larger scale historical figures, but just had to have a go, i paint in oils, always...
Views: 593   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 1:36pm
by Gerry Larkin
m
Mark
Re: newer figures
I have a question that definitely concerns me about many of the newer figures. Where to these "characters" carry their swords considering they have no scabbards for them??? the dual sword elf and female ranger are nice, but laying their swords on the ground wheneve...
Views: 665   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 6:02pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
GRRM wave 1.5
Any news on when we can order these? Rob
Views: 835   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 18, 2008 9:58pm
by KatieG
New Centaur
Jim - You mention that Dave Summers included a tribute to Dennis on the new centaur. What did he do?
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 17, 2008 5:41pm
by Paul Munson
Stephanie Law mini?
The sneak peeks page suggests that the Female Mage figure by Stephanie Law should be available for sale.... but I don't see it listed anywhere. Any news on when we can get this? BTW, the green looks awesome. Hope to see more work inspired by her art....
Views: 522   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 6:56pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Love the new releases, but.....
I love the new minis from the GRRM line!!! In particular, the Daenerys figure is just about the best think I've ever seen in miniature (slight blush). However, I generally prefere females with rather more of their hair still on their heads. Not that there is anyth...
Views: 606   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 8:29pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Genghis Con XXX, February 12-15th 2009 - Big Announcement
February? You're making announcement for a competition that's not till February? That's right let me repeat that: Genghis Con XXX February 12 - 15th, 2009, Denver Colorado. I do consider Genghis Con to the opening to the painting competition season (bit of bias there...
Views: 515   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 5:05pm
by Heisler
m
Mish
How long for delivery?
Hi! I just placed my first order with Dark Sword, and I was just wondering what the average delivery time to Australia is? Thanks
Views: 553   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 8:40pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Concerning GRR Martin line...
I read that a 1.5 release was scheduled, and I'm a bit lost... What is 1.5 release ? 6 Jeff grace wildlings + 4 Tom Meier miniatures ? Those 4 : are they 2 goldcloaks + dany + courtlady ? Do you have some pics of them ? Do you have an idea on 1.5 releas...
Views: 620   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 8:39pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
new minis
When will DSM7210 be available?
Views: 520   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 5:29pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
2 questions
1. Since Gen Con Indy is now over, how soon can we see those pictures of the new GRRMartin minis? 2. How soon will the actually be available at The Source? Thanks, Andrew gloria_invictus
Views: 611   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 5:29pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
your killing me here.
What? another update without the new Tom Meier green? Are you intentionally trying to torture me? Gloria_Invictus
Views: 1255   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jul 19, 2008 11:30am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Marike Minis look Awesome!
Absolutely beautiful job Tom did sculpting the Marike minis! And did you know today was her Birthday? (according to the Reaper boards)? Now Verzani...that sounds more like a swashbuckling pirate to me...
Views: 610   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2008 9:22am
by Dark Sword Minia...
Autographed Elmore "Baak"
During a special event at a store my cousin and I go to every Sunday or so for D&D group activities, on the National D&D day there was a drawing near the end that got a couple people some prizes, myself included. It's the Masterworks Elmore figure "Baak", and the...
Views: 576   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2008 8:41pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
m
Matou
Problem with contact?
I have sent several messages in the past (using the contact mail)...but you never answered My messages finished in your spam box??
Views: 576   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 4, 2008 1:03am
by Matou
Congratulations on GAMA Origin Award Nomination!
Congratulations to Dark Sword, Tom Meier, and George R.R. Martin for the nomination in the "Best Miniature/Miniature Line" category for this year's Origin Awards. A great accomplishment. :)
Views: 549   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2008 7:57pm
by Jim Ludwig
4 Elmore Masterworks Dragons finished!
Hi there! I thought you might be interested to know (and see), that I have finished my latest commission for Miniaturenland.de. It's 4 of the Elmore Masterworks Dragons this time! Have a look at them at my Webiste: www.theminiaturegallery.de. I just updated the...
Views: 630   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 5, 2008 3:48am
by Amazon_warrior
OMG!!! I neede these minis 3 years ago
I just checked out the greens for the Elven fighter with two swords and the female paladin in the Visions in Fantasy gallery previews. These are awesome - I am so impressed with Jeff Grace's sculpts. Since 2003 my fiancee and I have been playing in a D&D campaign...
Views: 630   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 19, 2008 3:42pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
PAYMENT
CO you accept checks or debit cards?
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2008 8:20pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Now that voting is nearly done on GRRM's blog...
The second set of miniatures is all but set in stone as: Daenerys Targaryen Gregor Clegane Tyrion Lannister Brienne of Tarth Robb Stark Oberyn Martell and of course, four generic warriors. I propose that this thread be everyone's votes for the *next* (i.e....
Views: 760   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 4, 2008 10:59pm
by Cole
As per GRRM's suggestion
I am here to suggest the characters for the next set. Tyrion Daenerys Bran w/ Summer Arya Asha Ser Barristan Drogon the Dragon Dany's 3 Bloodriders
Views: 1727   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 11, 2008 12:34pm
by gloria_invictus
the hawkman
how can i do this figure without making it cartoonist?
Views: 647   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2008 7:08am
by Amazon_warrior
a
Andy
A miniature line suggestion
Hi everyone, Just wondering if Dark Sword ever considered doing miniatures based on the works of Erol Otus? I know his style is completely different from the artists currently featured by Dark Sword, but he certainly has a faithful following of old school fans...
Views: 755   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2008 7:14pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
I got mine
I just received my GRRM miniatures and I'm not disappointed. These minis are some of the finest Tom Meier has sculpted. When will phase two be out?
Views: 899   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 6, 2008 4:25pm
by Amazon_warrior
Dark Sword Miniatures - GRRM Drawing Results - Winners
Hi everyone - The results of the GRRM Drawing are below. I will be in contact with the winners to arrange shipping and personalization of the books by George himself. 1. A signed/personalized copy of the Deluxe Leatherbound Game of Thrones role-playing book and...
Views: 1057   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 3:10pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
GRRM wave 2?
Any hints as to who made the short list for the second wave.... I just recieved Wave 1 and can't wait for more! Also, how often are these going to be coming out? One wave a year, two, more? Rob
Views: 785   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 25, 2007 8:32am
by Dark Sword Minia...
r
Rob
GRRM Draw Results
Hi guys! Any word on the results of the draw for the GRRM figures? I'm feeling lucky! Rob Sandbach
Views: 755   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2007 8:21pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Any Signed Certificate Fire & Ice Boxes left?
Hi, Just wondering if there are any Signed Certificate Fire & Ice Boxes left?
Views: 679   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 5:04pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Wyrd Benefit Auction for Hearing Aids ..
im sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this,but this is for a worthy cause...especially since X mas is coming soon... Dec 01, 2007 - 10:19 AM - by Frustrated Father Hi folks, As many of you may know if you frequent some of the mini sites is that Va...
Views: 742   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2007 7:51am
by tigersharkman
GRRM miniatures prerelease sale.
Any news yet on when we can order the forst wave of GRRM minis? They all look excellent. I'm also looking forward to the names of the proposed second wave. Rob
Views: 2270   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 29, 2007 7:01pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
The Summonner
Finally got my first DS mini. It totally kicks ass! One of the best minis I`ve painted. Will have to get more Tom Meier sculpts :) . Here`s my version: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Przemas_MMA/summoning.jpg Glad to hear that Gael is now working for yo...
Views: 701   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2007 4:32am
by Przemas
Elmore Diorama Pieces for the Giants
Hello, I bought the Baak and Mountain Giant from Miniaturenland in Germany last year (very recommendable store, by the way). Both figures were originally sold in a diorama set with a Knight on horse (Baak) and the Healer and a wounded Fighter (Giant) from the pai...
Views: 858   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 29, 2007 1:12am
by Ralph
George R.R. Martin / Tom Meier line
Jim, great news on the new line. I am very excited that Tom will be able to continue with this line and IMO at a much preferred scale as well. I was rather dissapointed when Testors let it drop.
Views: 2558   Replies: 23
Last Post: Oct 25, 2007 6:15pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
a
Alison
Painted Melisandre from the Song of Fire & Ice line
Here's a look at the first painted figure for the Song of Fire & Ice line =)
Views: 833   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 9:18pm
by Katherine
Ice and Fire Minis
Well done on the miniatures! The Hound looks especially badass with his helm on, extremely ugly without it, awesome. Jaime and Cersei are spot on to me, and look very cool, although I feel Loras should have a little cockiness to his look, a little more headstrong. Bu...
Views: 953   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 2:38pm
by Ralph
t
Tim
suggestion
Hey guys, just wanted to suggest a tyrion lannister mini. I have never been able to get a real grasp on what he looks like. Thanks
Views: 606   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2007 9:58pm
by Dark Sword Minia...
Signed Editions on Ebay
Hi there. Just to let you all know I have some signed editions which I am having to sell. They are on ebay.co.uk this is one items number and link: 220161487315 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220161487315&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=01...
Views: 700   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2007 10:07am
by Richard
2007 Charcon Painting Competition sponsored by CustomHobby.com
Welcome to the 2007 Charcon/Custom Hobby Painting Competition! Yes ladies & gentlemen we are back. After a successful first year, we are opening things up a little bit for this one. This competition is looking to showcase the best examples of creativity & skill from...
Views: 641   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2007 11:12pm
by Michael
l
Liam
Unrealistic Weapons
Hi Jim I've noticed a few of the new visions in fantasy line have rather large an unrealistic weapons. Is this going to be a trend in the future. I really don't like the warhammer type appearance. Cheers Liam
Views: 761   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 10:05am
by Balgin Stondraeg
dvd
when or if at all will be doing a dvd of painting miniatures done by some or all the painters that freelance for you i would greatly interested it . thank you marc yablon.
Views: 635   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 25, 2007 9:57am
by marc yablon
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet