Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wyrd Benefit Auction for Hearing Aids ..

im sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this,but this is for a worthy cause...especially since X mas is coming soon...

Dec 01, 2007 - 10:19 AM - by Frustrated Father
Hi folks,

As many of you may know if you frequent some of the mini sites is that Valloa's (Maya) three year old son Alex is in need of hearing aids and unfortunately they are having to cover these costs out of pocket, which are quite considerable. I'll go ahead and let them tell you in their own words.

After a year of testing and multiple doctors my son, Alexander, was finally diagnosed with hearing loss and the amount of his hearing loss was pinned down. We were relieved to finally know the amount of hearing loss and that it would be fully correctable with hearing aids in both ears. However, we were not relieved to find that we could not get him hearing aids without paying the full amount, in his case just under $5,000 USD, up front and that his insurance would not cover a cent. After a year of medical bills and extensive testing this amount is out of our current reach. To offset this amount as much as possible we have been cleaning out our families miniature collections.

To benefit my son, Wyrd Miniatures has generously donated a studio painted miniature of "Perdita - Ortega Gunslinger" for auction.

All proceeds from these auctions will go to defray the costs of hearing aids for my two-year old son, which are not covered by his insurance but are required for him to finally hear and learn to talk. We thank you very much for your bids on this auction.

Maya and her family have been auctioning off most of their hobby collection (which is considerable) in order to raise funds for their boy and we thought that if we could help out we would. Thus as you read above, we have donated our studio paint version of Perdita - Ortega Gunslinger towards that cause. It has been started out at a modest amount in our opinion and we hope to see the auction go well for Maya and her family to help defray the costs of Alex's hearing aids.

Help out, pass along the word, and even if you can't dig deep for our studio Perdita, Maya and her family have a TON of goodies up for auction through ebay which might just capture your wants and interest.

EBAY AUCTION FOR PERDITA