Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
your killing me here.

What? another update without the new Tom Meier green? Are you intentionally trying to torture me?

Gloria_Invictus

Re: your killing me here.

There is a valid reason for the delay (I swear!). It is the new green will actually be two new greens (one is a nasty variant that is not quite finished).

Plus, there is a 3rd green completed (GRRM) and a 4th green 60-70% done (GRRM). Which two you ask? Well, that would spoil the surprise now would'nt it?

Lots of VERY cool stuff coming from Mr. Meier.

Bear with us as we pull it all together for a nice splash of 4 new Tom Meier greens in short order in the next 2 weeks.

Talk to you soon Andrew.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

O.K. I guess I'll let it slide this time. Actually thats very cool news - thanks a ton for the response/update. Anxiously looking forward to all 4.

I can't wait to see the new GRRM minis. Are you going to post them as a group once they're all finished, or will we get to see some soon? I'm really hoping it's the latter!

2 months.....Tell Tom to get back to work, we don't need no WW2 Germans.

Gloria Invitus

It is my goal afterall...

From our email newsletter -

Tom Meier update: For those of your awaiting the new Tom Meier greens, they are still about 95% completed, but Tom has been sidetracked big time with a landslide of Star Wars toy work on top of his normal busy spring schedule of herding rug-rats, gardening, xacto knife and chainsaw accidents, etc. My hope is he gets a day or two to finish off the final two pieces very soon. Two are already in the can, but I want to post all four up at the same time (as two are GRRM pieces and two are another project that need to be shown together to achieve the effect needed as showing one would spoil the other. It will all make sense when you see them).

Stay tuned...

Cheers,

Jim

It is punishing I know -

Tom Meier update: For those of your awaiting the new Tom Meier greens, they are still about 95% completed, but Tom has been sidetracked big time with a landslide of Star Wars toy work on top of his normal busy spring schedule of herding rug-rats, gardening, xacto knife and chainsaw accidents, etc. My hope is he gets a day or two to finish off the final two pieces very soon. Two are already in the can, but I want to post all four up at the same time (as two are GRRM pieces and two are another project that need to be shown together to achieve the effect needed as showing one would spoil the other. It will all make sense when you see them).

Stay tuned...

cheers,

Jim

Poke, poke. C'mon Tom! :)

patience. theres still another 5 days before its been 3 months.

Andrew

I guess you can't hurry genius!

We posted up one (of four) new Tom Meier greens. So enjoy.

There is another green finished but we are waiting on the companion piece to post them up together.

The final green is 99% there and should be finished off soon enough so stay tuned..

Tom has been slammed with toy work as of late and the toy work always moves to the front of the line for numerous reasons. So bear with us folks!

Cheers,

Jim

thanks for that. nice mini. I actually preferred it before he made the changes, but its still very nice. He didn't slim down the hips did he?

I see where Green Ronin has come out with a Song of Ice & Fire role playing game. Will you be bringing out miniatures to coincide with release of this game?
Please keep in mind that Knights need horses to carry thir bulk around. It also makes for a more exciting joust and calvary charge. I look forward to the next GRRM release.

We do have new GRRM miniatures slated to be released at Gen Con.

It is not coordinated with Green Ronin however. I am excited to see what they will do with the novels in their game system and will swing by their booth at Gen Con to check out the new game and chat.

Nothing mounted as of yet my good man. But they are on the hit list...

Take care Ken.

Cheers,

Jim

Can we have an idea of 2nd GRRM release date ?

Will they be released all ten together, or only some at first for Gencon and the other later ?

Hello,

We have 7 more GRRM miniatures already finished and ready to go. This brings the total to 8 right now with more being worked on. It is looking like a Gen Con pre-release and official late August Online Store release. We are really working hard to get another 10 miniatures ready with a follow-up 10 in another 2-3 months for a total of 30 miniatures in the line by the end of the year.

I am going to try and release them as a block of 10 or so miniatures in our Online Store so people can save money on shipping as we do flat rate shipping.

George is overseas for another 2 weeks. My hope is to post everything up in early August.

We will have some of the new GRRM figs at Gen Con Indy. It is just a question of which ones at this point.

Lots of cool stuff - Wildlings x 4 with two female Wildlings on the way are surprise figs that I am sure everyone will love.

We also have a couple of Gold Cloaks finished off.

Oh, and Dani is finished as well...with ....you will have to wait and see....

Cheers,

Jim

Excellent news, can't wait to see these. Ho0w soon will the be at the Source? Same time as the online release?

We get them to The Source right away. Sometimes they even have them before they are posted online.

A store like the Source deserves the Royal Treatment from Dark Sword. We have it very good in MN with a huge hobby store like The Source. Most cities do not even have hobby stores, and when they do, they are not stocking much at all outside of D&D, comics and some Wizkids and maybe GW or PP.

Cheers,

Jim