Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elmore Diorama Pieces for the Giants

Hello,
I bought the Baak and Mountain Giant from Miniaturenland in Germany last year (very recommendable store, by the way).

Both figures were originally sold in a diorama set with a Knight on horse (Baak) and the Healer and a wounded Fighter (Giant) from the painting. I would like to ask, if these diorama sets will be available again some time from Darksword. I would like to build both doiramas.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Henning

Re: Elmore Diorama Pieces for the Giants

Really? I know there's a battle pose version of the healer (with a mace instead of her hammer and her Mjolnir amulet's turned into a cross :() in one of the boxed sets. I didn't know there was adiorama version too (the knight'd be good as well).

Hello,
oh yes, it was a cool set which displyed the whole scene from the Painting. A German Painter finished the Diorama. Look at http://www.coolminiornot.com/154363
I saw this on a exhibition. It is greatly painted. But the sculpt is cool as well. On the base in the snow lies the helmet and the warhammer from the Healyer and the sword of the fighter - everything scultped out.

The Knight is breathtaking. A real Tom Meier classic. There are not many cool mounted figures but this is indeed one. I didn't found a picture in the internet but it's really cool.

Kind regards,
Henning

Those are so much better than the fighting version of Avalyne :(.

Hi there.

Actually, the reason we never released these miniatures with the Baak and the Mountain Giant is because they are in the older 25mm scale and smaller than the rest of our lines.

The Giant and the Baak are so large, it did not make any difference in terms of scale. But the Mounted Knight and the Avalyne mini healing the wounded fighter are a tad smaller than our minis.

But due to the demand out there, I am 99% sure we will be releasing these via the Web site for those that want to do dioramas.

Stay tuned...

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Hello,
that are great informations. Thank you so much. When do you plan to make them available? Is it something worth waiting for it or will it take a year or so?

Kind Regards,
Henning

Speaking of Dioramas. I would love to get Mountain Conflict. I know you have a few figures already done how about putting the whole diorama together as a package buy?

That's great news to hear. I await more infromation with baited breath :).

Hey!
That's cool news indeed!
I'm also interested in the dioramas. Since I couldn't find these sets for a couple of years I almost gave up. Can't believe to finally get them! Is there an approximate release date yet?

Pete

Hi there,

As you might have seen, these sets are available now. They do look really cool, aren't they?

Cheers,
Ralph