Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: newer figures

I have a question that definitely concerns me about many of the newer figures. Where to these "characters" carry their swords considering they have no scabbards for them??? the dual sword elf and female ranger are nice, but laying their swords on the ground whenever they have to itch their nose seems a tad odd ...

Re: Re: newer figures

Hi Mark -

Which minis are you talking about?

I know the new Female Ranger does not have one (as we went back and forth on weapons for her hands and it was going to be a large hunting spear, but decided to go with a sword, but beyond that - can you let me know?

Cheers,

Jim

Jim;

The "Visons of Fantasy" line female paladins (which could be behind their "skirts" I suppose but...], the assasin, the elven fighter with two swords, the Goth warrior in Elmore set 10, and Melissa with her two dogs.

Hi there.

The Gael pieces and the Jeff Grace Elf with Two swords do indeed have this issue. The Gael Assassin could easily have it behind his cape - no worries.

The Melissa fig does have a scabbard (it is on her left hip and can be seen on the painted minis and the metal minis) and the Female Goth Warrior did not have a scabbard in the artwork so we just went with it.

I am a stickler for these types of details on almost all of our figs - but sometimes, the sculptor opts to leave out the scabbards for the overall "effect" they want to achieve with the mini.

You do have a sharp eye.

Thanks for the post. I will make sure I keep on this from here on out.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com