Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kailua Better Than Waimanalo - WHY

Very very true.

I'm glad someone has been doing their homework and deals with facts rather than emotions.

I think all of the improvements have been extremely positive and I can't wait till Fromaggio's opens.

From the success of the Town party with both locals and visitors, it is obvious that the promotion of Kailua is great for local businesses.

Thanks M2 for filling me in I didn't get to attend the meeting at Kailua Intermediate back then.
Its no debating upon the subject - - I was just wondering cuz I had read that article and thats what I got from it - like I said I wrote that a few days ago... thats why I asked figure someone who knew or knew some would respond..
Baht its not about getting all facts straight before you write anything (not being sarcastic but jus stating thats how we can learn - from one another by discussing and asking)but then again someone having knowledge on a particular subject sure does help huh!

Everyone perceives things differently. But when you pick through all emotions any writer has you can get a clearer picture of the facts...

For example my son looked at the Kaneohe Ranch plans and saw it from a totally different perspective..
So he jus stayed there told people look at the Urban plan then they came back to him then he directed them to the Keep It Kailua to sign a petition.
I was shocked cuz usually that son is shy- and not a people type person and he initiated that on his own.. which is great he wasn't forcing his beliefs on others jus telling them to take a look and if their response was negative he would tell them about the petition. So what looks one way to one person can look like a whole different picture to the next.
Nothing wrong with that because we all are different and have our personal likes and dislikes.

I'm glad we took your advice Baht and cancelled the Rally/Sit down and went with the green ribbons, It went great. ( I been sick with the flu - especially after my dads B-day Party guess it sucked what energy I had left so I gave my "I Love Kailua" Pin to my brother who came down to visit my parents for him to enjoy the party)
In Kailua the buildings do look nicer.. gosh wish they could renovate me right now.. I feel all broken down...
But I think many will agree with me that the promotion of Kailua does affect us because everything goes higher.. thats what I was trying to say is the fact that they have THE POWER cuz they do in a sense..
As a property manager I can raise the rent...and that affects the tenant for it takes away that much more per month from them... sure there are regulations on how much in a period of time that I can raise it..but still has an affect on them ..and if they can't afford it I could just get someone else who could afford it.. and that then changes the neighborhood because you higher you go with the rents you get a different class of people. Our tenants now are all family so don't have to worry about that but was jus using it as an example.

Thanks M2 for sharing the information it does educate me and others when we share - You can read articles and stuff like that but you have to sift through the politics of it all..
I know there is a luncheon coming up for Kaneohe Ranch saw it on the Lani-kailua outdoor circle site..
don't know if you know about that yet? Hopefully I can make it would like to attend that and learn more.
Like I said when you learn stuff what you felt or thought on one day changes as you learn or sometimes it don't.
Maybe when I read that article I already had the thoughts of what other people were already telling me things along those line that I targeted in on certain words.. I don't know?
Thats one of the reasons I put together this site so we can feel free to discuss without having to worry about getting the facts together first.
I wasn't doggin' out M2's post or anything.. jus figure hey here is someone who may see it differently that has knowledge on this particular subject!
And then there may be someone else with facts or further knowledge.. together we all learn from just talking story :)
Well have a great day you two and all.. I gotta get back to my bed.
Yes Finn & Aunty (who don't post but reads LOL )
If this don't get better I would go to the doctors as I promised and I'm pumpin' down that water and Nyquil..(knocking on wood) my headache of 4 days went away

FOUND THE LUNCHEON LINK FOR FOLKS WHO ARE INTERESTED
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spring General Membership Meeting
May 31, noon
Kaneohe Yacht Club
Salad Luncheon
Presentation by Kimo Steinwascher, Vice President, Leasing, of Kaneohe Ranch

Here is the link to the Lani-kailua outdoor circle site its under their coming events portion of the site.
Click here to go to their site to learn more