Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OTHER TOPICS NOT LISTED

Quite frankly I like having the bowling alley in Kailua. They just need to make improvements to it.

If young people are looking for activities, then I suggest they check out the new Boys and Girls Club that started in Kailua which Kaneohe Ranch helped to start.

Definitely a great way to keep them busy and a place to "hang out".

Yes I too am for the bowling alley continuing to be the bowling alley.. and think they should IMPROVE it.. does anyone know what exactly that Kaneohe Ranch has in plans for our town bowling alley??
I do know that there was a petition going around to SAVE the bowling alley....

Also....
As far as that Boys & Girls club.. it's not soooo positive ..
My son walking to the bus stop after school got MUGGED by a group of kids 4 - 6 kids that were supposed to be enrolled at the Kailua Boys & Girls club...attending a dance..my son was crossing the field going to the bus-stop to come home.
He had to be taken away in an ambulance and had a concussion.. The boys ran back to the club got the other kids to say they were there but thankfully other children proved them wrong and the one boy was arrested -- Those in charge of the Club said they can't monitor the children even though the parents think the children are at the club the children can sign out anytime they want.. thus hang out in the field..
So from PERSONAL experience and got records police & doctors & 2 weeks off of school due to a major concussion to prove the FACTS ..
That Boys & Girls Club is not a place that keeps them so busy after all!!And again just because there are a few rotten apples doesn't mean the whole program is rotten.
But personally I wouldn't want to send my children there but would much rather have a place where we as a family could go and enjoy like the bowling alley or a place like a video arcade place or something to that nature.. a family pizza place.. something more geared for Families..

And you said I was "over-reacting" when I mentioned my wife almost getting raped in Kailua and that I was always seeming scared. Different when it applies to you doesn't it?

The Boys and Girls Club is a great organization and does what it can. Don't let a few bad apples spoil a good thing.

The one thing they do need is volunteers. They've been asking for that from the beginning so that they would have enough people to monitor the kids.

To everyone else I say...you want to make a positive impact on the community? Start with the youth.

As parents you can't watch them 24/7 and having a place to just "hang out" isn't enough. they need to channel their energy into positive things. Boys and Girls Club is a start when done right. It's not a babysitting service and comes down to parenting. Don't let the bad kids shut down this program.

As far as over-reacting I'm not over reacting.. I'm jus stating facts.. My son didn't let that stop him from walking across the field..It did make him more aware of his surroundings thus street smart....which is a good thing!
As far as the Boys & Girls club needing volunteers you are absolutely correct..

I myself was even thinking of volunteering at one point and time at the boys and girls club and still may even consider it ..
What about you Baht you do any community volunteering I haven't seen your name around town on community minutes or anything..
And again, sorry to hear about your wife....

For others who wish to learn more about the Boys and Girls club -- here is their website..
Boys & Girls Club Of Hawaii

Yes as a matter of fact I am heavily involved in the Susan Komen Foundation after having lost a close friend to cancer, Hawaiian Humane Society, Shriners and Meals on Wheels. I'm not in any major positions, mind you, but do most of the grunt volunteer work.

So you see, when I say I am actually trying to make a better community I really do try. To me, actions speak much louder than words.

How about yourself?

Oh2Funny4you, Actually you were the one who started the thing about posters being the same people.

Awesome work Baht !! I donate monthly to meals on wheels, and Hawaii's Make a wish foundation. I as well have done volunteer work for Hospital's, filled up oranges bags picking up rubbish from the streets in Waimanalo, helped feed the homeless, and helped with activities for children at the YMCA. I feel that volunteer work is most rewarding. Sorry about the loss of your friend.
(Oh that "awesome work" was NOT meant as a sarcastic answer)
Thank you, for your time in volunteering.

Drivers License Worldwide....

Ya'll have a fantastic day !

http://www.license.shorturl.com

Baht,
Please check under the topic Illegal B&B's on April 10, the comment made by Nixon.... regarding ghost writers...
then check my comment on April 20, under Talk about Kailua... my question asking if you were the same person as nic...came in 10 days following Nixon's..

Go back, and do your homework....measure twice, cut once...

And your point is?

Frankly you just asked if we were the same person and I answered.

Baht Gwain

Apr 23rd, 2007 - 6:48 PM Re: OTHER TOPICS NOT LISTED

Oh2Funny4you, Actually you were the one who started the thing about posters being the same people.

Donate if you can.

http://support.shrinershospitals.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HowYouCanHelp

thanks for the link..
Please don't forget Ronald McDonald house as well....
http://www.ronaldhousehawaii.org/help.html

Now Now U 2

Im gonna make a room jus for you two LMAO
called "The Baht & 2 Funny Debate Room"
No get too out of hand- now..Mellow Out!
I can tell both of you that you both are utilizing different computers as well as Nick was using a different computer..
So that should settle the case of "Da 2-4-1 Who DA-Kine identity issue"

I'll even put a section on links to volunteer services and to places in which you can donate monies
too ...this should assist you folks from droppin more links like that...But, thanks for the initial entries to that new topic..

Hope you two are doing great today!!
I'll be out for the day - So hopefully you two will great any newcomers with hospitality (if by any chance they dare to enter the KailuaSpeaksOut Message board)
Since you two are regulars I'm sure you will handle emmm...

Take care and have a good one~~ Aloha

I put myself on time out..

Speaking of Time..
Are you aware that Times Supermarket stands for
(The Island Market Everyone Shops)..it's an oldie...
Showing my age...

Good Night all...

Another thing they should ban are the school and sports groups who are basically panhandling Castle Junction on the weekends.

What ever happened to selling Chili and Chicken?

This originally started with the Food Bank, which wasn't bad, but now it's like everyone is doing it.

It makes them seem not much better than the homeless guy holding the sign saying he's hungry, so please give him money. Give me a break. There was nothing wrong with him from what I could see.

It makes our kids look like beggars.