Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TALK ABOUT KAILUA BEACH

What are Your Ideas for a Better Community...

Mr. Cyn,
Have I missed a post?? Where can I find the information regarding a center for children at the bowling alley property? And where did that idea come from? Sorry perhaps I wasn't following closely enough.

In all the years, driving on Hekili Street and Hamakua drive, I have not encountered drunks walking on these streets. Nor have I heard of any pedestrian accidents, or fatalities on those streets...

In previous years, I have tried to enroll my children in the recreation center, have you?
If you want swimming, you best get there early, or forget about it ! ( Taking a day off of work to enroll my child, was not an option)
Regarding the Kailua Library,in this day and age,
most households are using the " internet" for information...
In addition to that, most schools require students to research the world wide web....for information....
Because of longer work hours, and have hectic schedules...I find that this is much more convenient..don't you?
Do you have any good suggestions that would improve the lifestyle of the residents of Kailua?
What are your hopes and dreams for this community....
Is Kailua someplace....you intend to call home?
Many of your posts seem to have much negativity, and I would love to hear your ideas for a better community.
Please share with us..your ideas of a ideal Kailua...for Seniors, Adults, Young Adults, Teens, and children..Who knows...you might just have the missing link...to our dreams....Aloha...

I find it offensive that you say how the Kailua library is not being used. It is an afront to the dedicated men and women who work there. The library is more than just a place for study. It is a place where young minds open. Story telling is terrific and where else can you rent $1 DVDs for a week?

Just because you do not use it personally, please do not insult our great public community library.

Re: TALK ABOUT the Library

Baht,
Talk about twisting things.
NO use talking to you. I am not insulting anyone.
I have a cousin who is a librarian, along with her husband who is a librarian, both who left the state of Hawaii, because of the insufficient pay they receive.

Go back and read, Nic's comments, he/she stated NO BODY even uses the library...

I was simply commenting on the reasons fewer people utilize it.

But thanks for turning the comment to me...perhaps that answer should have been for the person who commented on the Library in the first place.....

Okay, then I direct the comment to both you and Nick Cyn. I encourage both of you to visit our community library and district park facilities. They are truly what Kailua is all about.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have always enjoyed the Kailua Library, the programs they offer, and the atmosphere there.

For those who work full time, and attend school in the evenings, it is almost impossible to be a frequent visitor.

That also is not difficult to work out. Try holding 2 full-time jobs with kids. And I still have time to go. You just make the time.

>>>>>>> I encourage both of you to visit our community library and district park facilities. They are truly what Kailua is all about. <<<<<<<<<<

Is that what Kailua is ALL about???

sheeeeeeze and I thought it was all about the hokey pokey!! jus' kiddin'

Kailua is about the people!!!

The library and its staff/volunteers as well as the Kailua Rec center and all its staff/volunteers
Do provide a great service for our community
those PEOPLE in our community do a great job for the other PEOPLE in our community..
Its people like those that make a POWERFUL difference for our community!
So I agree with you -- plus there are many more volunteers and groups that GIVE BACK to our families in our community !! And lots of Kailua Residents do appreciate it and utilize it...

But agree that people utilize the computer alot more for research - than the library now adays' - "welcome to the 21st century" technology sure does help my children research - actually most of their homework computer research is required..

I used the "Hawaii State Public Library System" lots of times hunting down stuff for genealogy information..utilizing online material from home makes it easy.. I believe you can even order dvd's movies from online.. It's amazing what you can find now adays from the comfort of your home..but a visit to the library is always great too!
Here's a link to their site
Hawaii State Public Library System Catalog

LOL...only 2 jobs..and 2 kids...piece of cake

OKAY BACK TO KAILUA BEACH..........

In KailuaSpeaksOut "Neigbors" section please check out A 1 of a Kind fish Story!!
Got a fish story like diz one send em my way..
Tooooooo funny..

Have a great week all !!!!

Actually I was referring to the Ohana and close family community feel you get at those places which is what Kailua is all about. Remember, we are more than just a beautiful beach and B&B's. It's the people that make the community. Not the environment.