Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Families in New London County?
Hi everyone! We are new to CHEER! We live in New London County and are looking for a group in that area. I have Boys....Teen, Tween and Elementary. Anyone around that neck of the woods?
Views: 536   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 7, 2020 9:08am
by Tam
k
Kelly
Homeschool co-op
Are there any families close to Somers that would be interested in getting involved in a homeschooling co-op for children in grades 3-5?
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2020 6:19pm
by Kelly
a
Annber
16 year old in Glastonbury doing online school
My son just started online school in Glastonbury. He’s doing James Madison High School. He’s looking for a few study groups to connect with. Let us know if you’re interested.
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2019 6:19am
by Annber
STEMfems event for "grades" 6-8 (ages 9 - 13)
Good afternoon, Please accept my apology for jumping on your messageboard. This will be a one-time post. I am the programs coordinator for the Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame. On Wednesday, May 8, we are hosting our annual "STEMfems" event at BioCT Innovati...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2019 1:39pm
by Tina Carlson
b
Betty
Any other kindergarteners?
My oldest is starting kindergarten, and were thinking home school is best for us. Would love to meet other kindergarteners in south east CT dont mind traveling. Also worried about the legal stuff..do we register for kindergarten, with who.. how do we show that she ha...
Views: 337   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 13, 2019 2:46pm
by Donna Salad
b
Brooke
Looking for Programs
Looking for museum programs for our three children. This is still a new experience for us. Attending the CT Historical Society programs and were not impressed at all. Sub par in the education area. Looking for fun but educational museum programs that do a little more...
Views: 1650   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 16, 2018 3:59pm
by Brooke
How Libraries Can Help Homeschoolers
I am a graduate student conducting research for the Hamden Public Library on how the library can better serve its homeschooling community. I would like to hear about experiences with the public library and homeschooling (positive or negative). And I would like to kno...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2018 2:06pm
by Stephanie Smith
new to homeschooling in Colchester
Hi-- my husband and I work afternoon and evening hours, and are looking to join group learning activities or group social activities during the day. Our daughter is 7, and son is 5 1/2. we also have an almost 3 year old and almost 1 year old. We are going to be using...
Views: 372   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 18, 2018 11:38am
by Mary Riley
New to Homeschooling
Hello. I just pulled my 6 year old daughter out of Hebron schools. Looking to find some friends for her, some local events/programs... So excited about this new beginning:) Stephanie
Views: 796   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 7, 2018 6:57pm
by Jaime
New to homeschooling 5 yr old with autism
We are new to homeschooling. We have a 5 year old son with Autism. We have all his supports in place. I just need ideas on lesson plans. We are well aware of his academic needs. Looking for outings, chances for socialization. He is at a kindergarten level. Would love...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2018 10:07am
by Denise Warren
a
amy
groups in the Norwich area for younger kiddos (K, 1, 2)?
My daughter will be five next fall and I'm seriously considering homeschooling. I worked in public education for almost 20 years and am very disappointed by the state of it. I am looking into options, and I love the idea of homeschooling, but I don't want it to be...
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2018 9:53am
by Denise Warren
Dunne's Gymnastics: Homeschool Class is now Open!!!
Hey Everyone!! Dunne's Gymnastics has a new homeschool class on Friday mornings! A member of this page suggested we post a message on here to inform all other local Homeschool families of this great opportunity to start in a gymnastics program and earn some physi...
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2018 5:26pm
by Jaime
K'nex, telescope, and books
Real Bridges Building Set: https://www.knex.com/knex-education-real-bridge-building-set All pieces accounted for except 1 road connector. includes teacher's guide and lesson plans on bridge styles and construction, building instructions for 13 bridges, over 2300 pie...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2018 5:02pm
by Michelle Collins
c
cora
FB groups
Any suggestions for good homeschool FB groups for the Mystic area
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2018 5:04am
by cora
Virtual Creative Writing Class For Middle And High School Students!
The goal of this class is to get students excited (or even more excited) about writing. Along the way, the class will help students to improve their grammatical fluency and writing techniques, skills that will easily translate to any writing project they wish to tac...
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2018 5:17pm
by Caley Henderson
New legislation for homeschool students to play interscholastic sports
Hello everyone, I'm a proud Connecticut homeschool alumni, with three younger siblings. The youngest is a baseball player and my parents had contacted numerous school officials and legislators over the years in an attempt to allow him to play ball on the high sc...
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2018 1:42pm
by Hailey Quercia
Launch Trampoline Park
Homeschool Days at Launch TrampolinePark in Hartford. First Friday of each month 12-2 pm. $10 per jumper. NEXT EVENT January 5!! See their website for details.
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2018 1:01pm
by Nancy Falletti
Home School Day at the Connecticut Historical Society!
Home School Days at the Connecticut Historical Society offer programs specifically designed for Home School families. These day-long events give families the opportunity to enjoy engaging educational workshops, tour our galleries, and connect with other Home School f...
Views: 2100   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 26, 2017 3:55pm
by Daisy
high schoolers in Branford area?
Hey there! My family and I will be moving to the Branford/Guilford area in June of 2017. We have a 13 year old son who will start ninth grade next year and a 10 year old daughter who will be in fifth grade. We've homeschooled since kindergarten here in the Bosto...
Views: 349   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2017 10:00pm
by Corinne Wurzbach...
Time Change for Virtual Creative Writing Class
Class Overview: I am excited to again offer a virtual Creative Writing class for homeschooled middle and high school students as a Westfield Annex Class. The goal of this class is to get students excited about writing. Along the way, the class will help students to...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2017 3:29pm
by Caley Henderson
Just a Few Spots Left in Exciting Virtual Creative Writing Class For Middle And High School Students
Class Overview: I am excited to again offer a virtual Creative Writing class for homeschooled middle and high school students as a Westfield Annex Class. The goal of this class is to get students excited about writing. Along the way, the class will help students to...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2017 2:29pm
by Caley Henderson
East Hartford Area
Any 11-14yo homeschoolers in the East Hartford area?
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2017 8:41am
by Melissa Cameron
Exciting Virtual Creative Writing Class For Middle And High School Students This Fall!
Class Overview: I am excited to again offer a virtual Creative Writing class for homeschooled middle and high school students. The goal of this class is to get students excited about writing. Along the way, the class will help students to improve their grammatical...
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2017 12:28pm
by Caley Henderson
j
Janine
Norwich Homeschool Co-op Fall Registration
Thames Valley 4-H has opened up fall registration. We are a homeschool cooperative that meets Fridays at Lee Memorial Church in Norwich. We hold classes for kids ages 4 and up. For more information visit our website http://www.thamesvalleyhomeschool.org/
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 3:33pm
by Janine
Part Time Employment Opportunity Working for the State of Connecticut
Greetings, I am the Program Coordinator for the State of Connecticut Tobacco Prevention and Enforcement Program. Our mission: Working in conjunction with local communities to inform tobacco retailers, youth and the general public about the laws prohibiting t...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2017 8:22am
by Gregory Carver
Homeschool Summer Spanish classes and tutoring!
Hola! I am a certified Spanish teacher (I am fingerprinted!) during the school year and I teach private Spanish classes and do individual tutoring during the summer. As a former homeschool mom, I have taught homeschool groups and loved it, and now I am returning to...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2017 10:32am
by Laurie Wasielews...
Violin Lessons Available
I will begin teaching beginning violin lessons again this fall (or summer if you want to get a jump on things). I taught private lessons for 8 years before moving to CT and am now ready to get back into it. (References available upon request.) Lessons will be held in...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2017 2:30pm
by Lindsay Banton
Stanford Tests in May?
Hello all! Is the Stanford Achievement Test coming to Connecticut in May? I lost that thread somehow -- any help much appreciated! Is there a way for homeschoolers to practice? My son does not have much experience with the multiple-choice format. Thanks!
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 7:55pm
by Imelda Franklin ...
l
Lynn
Interested in homeschooling teenager
Hello, I am interested in homeschooling my teenager next fall, and was interested if there is a good high school curriculum. Also, I work full-time, and wondered if this process is possible at the high school level? Thank you.
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2017 3:54pm
by Lynn
Open House at Holy Apostles April 22nd 9-11AM
Dear Friends, Holy Apostles would like to formally invite your students and families to join us for our Open House scheduled for Saturday, April 22nd from 9-11AM at our campus in Cromwell, CT. The college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Sch...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2017 2:35pm
by Taylor Riso
Interested and considering Homeschooling
Hello everyone, I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old and as kindergarten is fast approaching within the next year or two I find myself considering homeschooling for many reasons. I was hoping to get some insight on homeschooling, advice and support. Is there anyo...
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2017 10:07pm
by Dee B.
Farm, Garden, Nature School, Theatre, Minecraft, YouTube, Lunch Groups & More
Hi All, We moved to the Moosup/Killingly town line area in October 2016. My daughter has extreme anxiety as a person on the autism spectrum so we've created a life where we host activities (many at no charge or just asking the cost to cover supplies if people will...
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2017 3:46pm
by Jessica Martel
Toddlers/preschoolers near Moosup
I have a three year old and I am considering homeschooling (actually I hope to and my husband is considering it). I'm looking for any families that might have children around my son's age that might want to meet up for play dates and things. Also looking for help and...
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2017 9:43pm
by Adrianne
Looking for fellow homeschoolers.....
I've got an 11 year old and a 14 year old, both girls, who would be interested in getting together with other homeschooled kids their age for study groups and field trip opportunities. Thanks in advance!!!
Views: 590   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2017 10:06am
by Crystal Boos
b
Becky
Looking into Homeschooling
Hi everyone! I live in Tolland County and I have two kids who are 7&9. I have been interested in Homeschooling for a little while now and I just am not sure where to start or what information I need. I know nothing about curriculums or reasources. I also do not have...
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2017 10:07pm
by Becky
Musical Enrichment Activity!
Please join us for How The Gimquat Found Her Song! This coming March 15 at 10:30am, hundreds of kids from around Connecticut will gather at The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts for a school-day concert designed just for elementary schoolers by the Hartford...
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2017 5:13pm
by Miriam Engel
Montessori Albums and home-made teaching materials available
On offer:A complete set of Montessori "Albums" which is the set of 3 ring binders that each teacher completes for their certification and which includes lesson plans in every Montessori subject. These are very large binders filled with lesson plans dating from the e...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2016 10:19pm
by Joanna Cadorette
Just a Few Spots Left in Exciting Fall Virtual Creative Writing Class For Middle And High School Stu
Class Overview: This semester I am excited to offer a virtual Creative Writing class for homeschooled middle and high school students as a Westfield Annex Class. The goal of this class is to get students excited about writing. Along the way, the class will help stu...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2016 8:34pm
by Caley Henderson
Exciting Modern European History Course for Middle and Highschool Age Students!
What it is: An enriching and unique history seminar this fall for students ages 11 - 18 offered through the Westfield Annex, our school’s forum for the deeper academic and intellectual exploration of big ideas! Class will meet Thursday after school (4:...
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2016 8:33pm
by Connor Henderson
New to Connecticut
Hi Everyone, we are moving to CT very soon. We currently live in South Florida and have been homeschooling for the past 5 yrs. I have a son and daughter 11 and 14. We haven't quite decided on which town we will be living in but are looking at homes near Stamford po...
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2016 12:49am
by Barbara Johncke
Exciting Modern European History Course for Middle and Highschool Age Students!
What it is: An enriching and unique history seminar this fall for students ages 11 - 18 offered through the Westfield Annex, our school’s forum for the deeper academic and intellectual exploration of big ideas! Class will meet Thursday after school (4:25 -...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2016 4:10pm
by Connor Henderson
Exciting Fall Virtual Creative Writing Class For Middle And High School Students!
Class Overview: This semester I am excited to offer a virtual Creative Writing class for homeschooled middle and high school students. The goal of this class is to get students excited about writing. Along the way, the class will help students to improve their gram...
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2016 3:34pm
by Caley Henderson
m
Morgan
Support groups? Co-ops?
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there are any groups or co-ops in the Colchester area. I have a 5 year-old who I am planning on homeschooling. As kindergarten approaches I'm getting a lot of pressure to register her from a lot of family, to the point where I'm st...
Views: 395   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2016 8:22am
by Stephanie
m
Missy
Toddlers / Early Homeschoolers near East Lyme
Hi everyone, I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a newborn girl. I do non-religious unschooling activities wih my little guy. Right now our favorite work is with toy trains and track construction, tangrams, puzzles, vehicles, goats, and more. We are pretty crunchy. I wou...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 6, 2016 8:32am
by Morgan
j
Jen
Classical Conversations Christian Homeschool Community starting up Mondays in Canterbury in the fall
Attention Hoemeschoolers- Come and learn about the classical model of education at a Classical Conversations informational meeting. Classical Conversations will be coming to Canterbury in the fall of 2016. We are a Christian community based homeschool education prog...
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2016 5:29am
by Jen
a
Ann
Teens...Ct pen pal?
Not sure if it is ok to post: PLEASE I AM DESPERATE-THE LONELINESS IS CRIPPLING ...my teen really wants to meet someone around her age 16-18 and LGBT...(can not do TRUE COLORS and PFLAG is very non-social) Please respond if your teen is truly interested (i.e....
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2016 10:59am
by Ann
a
Ann
Teens?
Looking for teens (my daughter is 16, we live in Andover)
Views: 441   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 5, 2016 4:30pm
by Joy
New Education Opportunity in CT
Hello CT Homeschoolers!! Pinwheel Playhouse is a new educational and entertainment opportunity here in CT. We are starting a spring semester of classes that will run Arpil 4- May 25 in Wallingford CT. Please check out our FB page for more information. We are a...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2016 4:06pm
by Jessica Ferraday
a
Alex W
Waldorf
Hello! I'm looking for used curriculum for my upcoming Waldorf second year. I also have an upcoming preschooler and would be interested in anything supplies wise for him. Id also be interested in meeting with other moms that are Waldorf or Waldorf inspired. Thank...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2016 3:45pm
by Alex W
Arduino Robotics
My son is 16 and we live in Manchester. He just received an Arduino robotics kit for his birthday. We were wondering if there were other teens who would be interested in forming a club to work on Arduino projects. If you are interested in robotics, Arduino is a relat...
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2016 3:31pm
by Michelle Collins
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Free Forum powered by Bravenet