Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Help with "Volunteers are a Treasure" theme

Hi...I love the "Volunteers are a Treasure" theme for our party coming up in October. But I am not an inherently creative person, so besides having a treasure chest, and Nestle's Treasures candies, I need more ideas! Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated! And did anyone get a response on the scavenger hunt that was mentioned on this sight? A treasure map/scavenger hunt would be so fun.
Thanks!

Re: Need Help with "Volunteers are a Treasure" theme

We used that theme at our last recognition event and it was a success. I scoured for months to get several different treasure boxes for the tables. We went to a fabric store and purchased about four different colors of satin type material. We used a square of the satin material under each treasure box (put the box on an angle not square on the fabric). The material was about 2' square. We filled the boxes with newspaper to take up space and covered the top of the newspaper with the satin material. Then we put candy gold coins, beads that you use for mardi gras and jewel tone marbles - the kind you get at the craft store all around and in them. We gave small little glass trinket boxes as gifts with a "Volunteers are Treasures" pin inside from VolunteerGifts.com I cut jewel tone card stock to just fit inside the box and put the pin on the cardstock so that it was at the top of the glass box and put a hidden Nestle Treasure candy underneath. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Re: Need Help with "Volunteers are a Treasure" theme

Hello there. I had a mystery pirate at my dinner. I used the pirate theme and the staff volunteered thier time to wait on the volunteers. The staff were dressed as pirates and then I had someone they all know wander through the party and not talk. It was the mystery pirate. They had a ball trying to figure the mystery guest out. Hope that helps a little.

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828