Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need Speech and Gift Ideas For Dinner April 8th

I work at a hospice and six years ago we planted very small trees in honor of our volunteers in the hospice's garden walk. We actually planted the trees right after their luncheon. Each volunteer got a gardening spade with their name on it and our logo and they used it to plant their own tree. I got a friend to creatively paint their names on the spades. The volunteers enjoy having a tree in their honor and each one knows exactly which tree is "theirs". April is a great month to do this in. Our volunteers say that was the best gift they could get because it is a lasting one.

Re: Re: Need Speech and Gift Ideas For Dinner April 8th

Samantha,
I love the idea of the trees. Can you tell me the type of trees you planted? I'm only afraid one or two will die after planting.

Re: Re: Re: Need Speech and Gift Ideas For Dinner April 8th

I am needing a motivational speech to encourage parent
volunteers in our school. We are honoring the parents
with a banquet on May 16, 2005. Help!

pearlie Newton

Re: Re: Need Speech and Gift Ideas For Dinner April 8th

Thanks for the info on the trees. I also would like to know what kind of tree you planted and did someone donate them to you?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I work at a hospice and six years ago we planted very small trees in honor of our volunteers in the hospice's garden walk. We actually planted the trees right after their luncheon. Each volunteer got a gardening spade with their name on it and our logo and they used it to plant their own tree. I got a friend to creatively paint their names on the spades. The volunteers enjoy having a tree in their honor and each one knows exactly which tree is "theirs". April is a great month to do this in. Our volunteers say that was the best gift they could get because it is a lasting one.

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828