Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Volunteer Recognition Dinner Theme Ideas

Just to add to this. We had our Volunteer Appreciation Evening with "Hats off To Volunteers" and it was a smashing success. We were pleasantly surprised to see how many volunteers wore hats and how much they got into the whole theme. They loved it!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

We are a non-profit organization providing home support services to seniors and disabled adults. This year our Volunteer Appreciation Evening/AGM's theme is Hats off to Volunteers. We are going to make top hats out of black bristol board, we have some white flower vases which we will put in the middle of the hats with either fresh carnations or silk flowers. We are encouraging the volunteers to wear a hat and we will have prizes for different categories like "Silliest Hat", "Most Colourfful Hat", "Oldest Hat", "Most Original" etc. When we presented this idea to our Advisory Committee they loved it. They got very excited about getting to wear their hats. It is a fun, inexpensive theme.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for a major facility. Among other things, I am in charge of recognizing our volunteers via a volunteer recognition dinner. I was hoping someone out there can give me some new and creative ideas on a theme and maybe some gift ideas. Can anyone help me?

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

Re: Re: Re: Volunteer Recognition Dinner Theme Ideas

Our theme for our Recognition Dinner was a tropical theme. In the entrance we had an arch that we covered with lights and tropical flowers (which you can get at your craft store), each table had a pineapple and other tropical fruit centerpiece. I ordered a hawaiian based menu and we took the words to "Kokomo" and made our own little changes (while we had sunglasses and brightly colored tropical shirts). We even had maracas and other instruments to play along to the music. We received a standing ovation!

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828