Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Treat them right"

I am the Teen volunteer Co-ordinator of about 50-100 teens in a Long-term care setting.I often like to send them encouraging notes and gifts to say thank you and keep them involved. I have a book that is called "Treat em right" it is full of little sayings that you put with treats. For example "Volunteer, with out you we would be in a CRUNCH" and on the card place a crunch bar. I stock up on candy around halloween because halloween size candy works great! I attach the cards with the candy to their sign in sheet and I know they make the teens feel special and appreciated.

Caralee

Re: "Treat them right"

Hi Caralee..could you tell me where to order the book?

Carol

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am the Teen volunteer Co-ordinator of about 50-100 teens in a Long-term care setting.I often like to send them encouraging notes and gifts to say thank you and keep them involved. I have a book that is called "Treat em right" it is full of little sayings that you put with treats. For example "Volunteer, with out you we would be in a CRUNCH" and on the card place a crunch bar. I stock up on candy around halloween because halloween size candy works great! I attach the cards with the candy to their sign in sheet and I know they make the teens feel special and appreciated.

Caralee

Re: Re: "Treat them right"

Hello Carol,

I bought the book from the Storehouse Christian Book Shop in Guelph Ontario (Canada). I believe it is an american author and publishor so I am sure any Christian book store or other specialty book shop can find it. Unfortunetly through a recent move of mine I have lost my book! So I can't even tell you the author's name! I will keep my eyes open so that hopefully I will find it again and then I can send you the author's name. It is a great book! There are some treats that are directed to Sunday School volunteers that I was unable to use but the ones that I could use went over so well! I will keep me eyes open!

Replying to:

Carol

Replying to:

Caralee

Re: Re: Re: "Treat them right"

Just go to Amazon.com Treat Em Right: Tasty Ideas for Encouraging Volunteers, Let Your Volunteers Know How Much They're Appreciated. This Creative Resource by Susan Cutshall, Ruth Frederick; Paperback $9.99

Replying to:

Hello Carol,

I bought the book from the Storehouse Christian Book Shop in Guelph Ontario (Canada). I believe it is an american author and publishor so I am sure any Christian book store or other specialty book shop can find it. Unfortunetly through a recent move of mine I have lost my book! So I can't even tell you the author's name! I will keep my eyes open so that hopefully I will find it again and then I can send you the author's name. It is a great book! There are some treats that are directed to Sunday School volunteers that I was unable to use but the ones that I could use went over so well! I will keep me eyes open!

Replying to:

Carol

Replying to:

Caralee

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828