Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recognition/Rewards for Admin Assistants

I have a large number of part time workers that are paid (much less than they are really worth)under various grants. I call them my "Glorified" volunteers because they all do a lot above and beyond the call of duty. I really try to show them as often as possible how much I appreciate their special efforts. Here are a few things I've done:

- I always remember birthdays, secretary's day, social work month, nurses day or any other special day that pertains to their area of expertise and holidays with a note or card

- On Thanksgiving I bought a couple of boxes of tapers (candles) in a fall color. I attached a couple of fall leaves (silk)with a gold ribbon. This made them quite attractive for the Thanksgiving table. I slipped them into a clear plastic bag and attached a note that said "no one can hold a candle to you." This was a big hit!

-I purchaced a sleeve of plastic wine glasses at a party Supply store. I filled them with a mix of Hershy's Hugs and Kisses. I tied a note to the stem with come curling ribbon that said "A toast to your good work".

If you have any easy, inexpensive ideas I'd love to hear about them!

MAM

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828