Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Volunteer Recognition Dinner Theme Ideas

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for a major facility. Among other things, I am in charge of recognizing our volunteers via a volunteer recognition dinner. I was hoping someone out there can give me some new and creative ideas on a theme and maybe some gift ideas. Can anyone help me?

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

Re: Volunteer Recognition Dinner Theme Ideas

We are a non-profit organization providing home support services to seniors and disabled adults. This year our Volunteer Appreciation Evening/AGM's theme is Hats off to Volunteers. We are going to make top hats out of black bristol board, we have some white flower vases which we will put in the middle of the hats with either fresh carnations or silk flowers. We are encouraging the volunteers to wear a hat and we will have prizes for different categories like "Silliest Hat", "Most Colourfful Hat", "Oldest Hat", "Most Original" etc. When we presented this idea to our Advisory Committee they loved it. They got very excited about getting to wear their hats. It is a fun, inexpensive theme.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for a major facility. Among other things, I am in charge of recognizing our volunteers via a volunteer recognition dinner. I was hoping someone out there can give me some new and creative ideas on a theme and maybe some gift ideas. Can anyone help me?

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

Re: Re: Volunteer Recognition Dinner Theme Ideas

Just to add to this. We had our Volunteer Appreciation Evening with "Hats off To Volunteers" and it was a smashing success. We were pleasantly surprised to see how many volunteers wore hats and how much they got into the whole theme. They loved it!

Replying to:

We are a non-profit organization providing home support services to seniors and disabled adults. This year our Volunteer Appreciation Evening/AGM's theme is Hats off to Volunteers. We are going to make top hats out of black bristol board, we have some white flower vases which we will put in the middle of the hats with either fresh carnations or silk flowers. We are encouraging the volunteers to wear a hat and we will have prizes for different categories like "Silliest Hat", "Most Colourfful Hat", "Oldest Hat", "Most Original" etc. When we presented this idea to our Advisory Committee they loved it. They got very excited about getting to wear their hats. It is a fun, inexpensive theme.

Replying to:

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

Our organization just finished a recognition banquet for our 700 + volunteers. We wrote to local businesses and followed up with phone calls and received over 200 door prizes ranging in value of $5.00 to over $200! A local floral wholesaler also donated centerpieces for each of the 65 table we had at the banquet. Most companies are glad to help out - just ask and follow up with a thank you.

Replying to:

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

I did a fiesta theme, orange, green, purple plastic table cloths, sombreros filled with chips and salsa(borrowed from the local mexican resturant) and placed salsa music. Don't forget the pinata (we did not break, just hung as decorations)

Replying to:

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

how about this "there's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer" we give small plaques out, being a christian organization we are giving out this year a print of all our older church steeples we have here in town, from a local artist. we also do a powerpoint presentation. display board with pictures of how our volunteers work.

Serving in Christ name,

Mel

Replying to:

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

how about this "there's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer" use lots of hearts. we give small plaques out, being a christian organization we are giving out this year a print of all our older church steeples we have here in town, from a local artist. we also do a powerpoint presentation. display board with pictures of how our volunteers work. we also use free local intertainment, ex: singers, comedian or local older dance groups.

Serving in Christ name,

Mel

Replying to:

Thanking you in advance

-Anonymous

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828