Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Variety Show/Movie/Dance

Could you share the recipe for your "Friendship Soup"?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In the past I have had employees put on a variety show with a cake and punch reception after. In the program we put names of major stars, i.e. songs by Nancy Wilson. We put in small print that if the performer named could not make it we had staff willing to step in. That day I came up with all kinds of excuses for the major stars, ie. plane delayed, stuck in traffic, and then introduced the staff which include the Chief of Police telling very lame jokes. Everyone enjoyed it and the cost was kept down as we own a performing arts theater, major cost was invitations and refreshments.

Another year I made arrangements with a local movie theater and they allowed us to invite volunteers and show a movie (I selected Fly Away Home)... After the movie we again served cake and punch. Was easy to do and everyone enjoyed it. If you have not seen it, this is an excellant movie for all ages and I thought it fit well with volunteering and the "you can do anything" theme.

Of course I have done the traditional dinners, although one year we had a western theme and I had an instructor and some of his students demonstrate country line dances then the taught two dances to the guests who were so inclined.

This year marks our 10 year anniversary and we will be inviting ALL of our volunteers to a City Council meeting the week before National Volunteer Week. We will host a light finger food reception before and give out token gifts which will be jars full of the ingredients for "Friendship Soup".

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828