Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum

Need some fresh recognition ideas? Have some great ideas to share? This is the place!

Volunteer Recognition Ideas Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Habitat for Humanity event

I am a Volunteer Coordinator at a large Habitat for Humanity affiliate. We are looking to change our Volunteer Appreciation method from a casual family picnic to more of an evening banquet-type event. I'm looking for ideas specific to thanking construction and committee volunteers - i.e. themes, gifts, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Re: Habitat for Humanity event

I am Coordinator of Volunteer Services for my agency and our recognition event last year was a hit! Hats off to Volunteers was our theme. We encouraged everyone to wear hats. As the volunteers arrived to register at the event, the staff who were greeting them tipped their hats to the volunteers. We had a sit down dinner and during the dinner we gave prizes to volunteers with silliest hat, most original hat, oldest hat and most colorful hat. Prizes were donated by local restaurants. We also had a Powerpoint presentation entitled 'Caught in the Act' for all volunteer activities throughout the previous year. Our volunteers had a blast! Good luck!

The Thanks Company 136 Woodberry Drive PO Box 220 Cherryville NC 28021-0220
Toll-free Phone or FAX: 888-875-0903 Regular Phone or FAX: 704-435-8828