Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links | Discussion Forum Archive
Return to Website

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum

This forum has been created for you, so feel free to use it often to share your ideas, insights, and experiences from which we all can learn. Please note that we will remove postings if they: a) are not germane to the subject of education, b) are advertisements or sales pitches, c) contain profanity, obscenity, or comments that are insulting to readers.

The Odysseus Group's Education Debate & Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spartacus, Vitamin C or Vitamin D?

All of them! Including the many nutrients that are as yet undiscovered.

Naturopathic medicine is way ahead of conventional medicine when it comes to chronic disorders.

Still, I sometimes feel like our knowledge of nutrition is quite lacking when measured against reality. Nobody really understands human physiology. Truth is though, we don't need to. We need only examine the lifestyles of the healthiest people throughout history and do likewise. Nature does a wonderful job is we learn to trust the creator who designed us to be a part of it.

Regarding cancer go ahead and gather all the information you can about vitamin D etc. but be sure to check out vitamin B17 or Essiac both of which have interesting histories. Natural vitamins are best as a rule but then again there are exceptions. It's a fascinating new world to enter. Diseases we were led to believe were incurable in fact are cureable or at least highly treatable without surgery or drugs and always with no side effects and superior results.

Your cardiologist will never tell you to take CoQ10, B vitamins (particularly B12 which is a homosysteine blocker), vitamin C, E, K, eat wild fish rich in omega 3 oils, insist on fresh organic food, drink filtered water only, clean house of moulds, dust, toxic vapors from carpets etc. There's no money in it and they risk censure in telling you. Instead they'll tell you to go on some low fat (harmful) diet, low salt (insane), low cholesterol (as though there's even a modicum of proof that this is at all related to heart disease) and take lipitor. After you have your heart attack the first thing they do is put you on a saline drip to restore your electrolytic balance that was disrupted from the low salt diet. They do some expensive things, you think you're OK and off you go only to have you go back on some dangerous statin drug that depletes your CoQ10 levels which probably caused your heart attack in the first place. You'll be told not to eat eggs which are a fantastic source of B vitamins, protein, enzymes and fats. They need repeat customers after all...

Bet you didn't learn that in health class!

Re: Re: Spartacus, Vitamin C or Vitamin D?

"We need only examine the lifestyles of the healthiest people throughout history and do likewise. Nature does a wonderful job is we learn to trust the creator who designed us to be a part of it."

That makes alot of sense. I appreciate your response. Are you familiar with Ivan Illich's Medical Nemesis (book)?

Thanks,
Raul

Re: Re: Re: Spartacus, Vitamin C or Vitamin D?

I haver a copy of it and I only had time to read the first chapter. It has a very dense style of writing. I don't entirely dismiss the medical profession (as Illich seems to do) just as I don't entirely dismiss the teaching profession. Both can be practiced by spectacular people and to the benefit of their community in a manner worthy of respect. Too bad that two absolutely vital professions have been corrupted beyond people's wildest imaginations!

Home | Underground History of American Education | History Tour | Bookstore
Newsletter / Discussion Board | Multimedia | Film: 4th Purpose | Retreat | Odysseus Group
About Us | Contact us | Links

© 2000-2001 The Odysseus Group
Suite 3W  295 East 8th Street  NY, NY 10009
Phone Toll Free: 888 211-7164   Fax: 212 529-3555
E-mail:info@johntaylorgatto.com

Site design by Exploded View