Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PALI LANES

Pali Lanes Bowling Alley operated since 1955 and they were told that their lease will be expiring in 2009
There was a petition going around to try to save the bowling alley that has been a place for our town families and school utilized for years.
Kailua Intermediate children utilize it even.

TALK AROUND KAILUA........(not facts but jus' talk but something to think about)
Everyone blames Kaneohe Ranch for alot of our FAMILY orientated businesses and mom /pop stores shutting down and replacing them with stores are high-end.....
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS ON OUR BOWLING ALLEY AND HOW YOU FEEL -

I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT IT SHOULD BE REBUILT AS A BOWLING ALLEY - AT LEAST THEY CAN DO THAT TO GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY THAT SUPPORTED THEM ALL THESE YEARS!!

Re: PALI LANES

the only way to do that is to encourage more people to use it and to have their owners fix it up to "again" make it more contemporary. The main reason why all these bowling alleys are shutting down is because the owners usually don't want to or can't afford to put the money back into it.

Renegotiating a lease isn't goint to do much if the place is still going to be in dis-repair.

Well maybe a fundraising event to help renovate and save because the bowling alley is usually packed..
Even the children at Kailua Inter use it.. so maybe a fundraiser or something can be done..I may know a few musicians who may contribute to a fundraising cause like that!!
Do you know if there were any ideas and what the costs were to renovate it instead of tearing it down would be??

No I've just heard people mentioning that they were thinking of tearing it down. A fundraiser would be a good idea as long as management is willing.