Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CONSTRUCTIVE VS ARGUMENTIVE

My Initial Approach To This Was Out Of Anger
I admit
But Then After An Email From Someone - It Was Like You Know What -- Yeah I'm Mad Like So Many Of Us Are
We're ****** Off -- Because We Keep Seeing More Traffic More Congestion More B&B's , More Stores Closing , More Tickets On Our Cars At Times , More Headaches ,, Our Town Is Overcrowded And Our Elbow Room Has Grown A Little Too Close For Comfort..
Yeah The Tita In Me Wants To Lash Out - But There Is Another Part Of Me That Just Says' Okay What Can I Do To Just Keep Our Town A "Residential Town"
I'm Tired Of All The Political Fighting And All the talk about this and that..
The Starting Of This Board Wasn't Constructive - It Was More Argumentive - which yes debating does help in lots of ways but my intention for this site was not to get a big ol' out of control Debate going on..There is enough of that going on at Board Meetings... But My Intention Was To Try And Play A Positive Role.. Frankly Baht & Nick I don't care about the $$$$$$ tourist bring.. I Really Don't... I'm so sick of people fighting about money..It makes me sick.... We Went back and forth and back and forth .. On issues .. And Want to Talk About Acting Like Kids Not Getting Their Way.. Yelling And Groups Fighting Over Who Is Right Is not Solving No Problems ... If You Want To Continue Trying To Reform Us To Think Like You.. Its not going to work!! Because We Don't Think Like You.. Does That Mean We Are Wrong?! NO!! Does it mean you are wrong ?! No.. But don't assume just because people don't think like you that they are uneducated or lack the input to be apart of our Kailua Community.. This is the attitude that turns so many people away from GETTING INVOLVED WITH THEIR COMMUNITY.....

So,Okay I've Taken Into Consideration A Few Things.. Okay The Bumper Stickers.. Some of us think They are funny.. LOL but If its going to cause a problem --Zip They Are Gone.. Not Because Of You Two Thats For Sure.. But Because I Want To Create A Place Where Everyone Can "Be Real" but yet express Their feelings and yes even if its telling stories.
or "Talking Story" So Be It This is Hawaii BRAH! We all talk story... If you have enough time here to debate with us.. then you have enough time to share GOOD memories with your children.. I don't care if you sleep 1 or 8 hours.. It takes A Community To Raise A Child and if we tell them the type of stories that you told us about Kailua Beach .. geeze those poor kids must be very confused..
This Site Was Put up for PEOPLE I hold dear to my heart Family Friends New & Old and others to share their stories learn more about their community Share with others and Yes STAND IN UNITY AS A COMMUNITY..
I too am guilty of letting my bottled up Anger get the best of me.. And one email from gin.. made me realize that Nobody is getting anywhere by segregating into little groups and picking which side of the fence we should stand on..There should be no fences in a community... .Do all that That At The Neighborhood Board Meeting...Or Letters To The Editor..Let This Place Be The Place Where We Kick Back And Be Real People... I DO STAND FIRMLY THOUGH IN MY EFFORTS TO KEEP KAILUA AS A RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY and as busy as my schedule is.. I Will try to be the webmaster of This site and try my hardest to maintain myself and keep personal angered feelings to myself.. Because This site is not about ME but it went up for OTHERS who are tired of all the fighting and finger pointing and threats ALL THE PEOPLE WANT in this Group is for KAILUA To Remain Our Home.. Not A Developers Paradise But Our Home That Our Children Can Enjoy!!
With That Said ... I Will Now NO LONGER Be Apart Of The Message Board posting Comments but Will Just Be The WebMaster and Try To Maintain A CIVIL Place For Kailua People To Meet Up & Talk Story .. If You Cant Handle This You Two Then Maybe You Should Take Your Debating Elsewhere... Many Other People Will Be Joining This Board & I Do Not Want It To Be A Fire Raging Out Of Control Because Instigators Come In & Try To **** People Off By Taking Cheap Shots.. I will be putting links and such within the message board -- so you will see me in and out..
BUT ONE THING YOU CAN COUNT ON - God Willing...You Will See Me On The day of the "I Love Kailua" Party and I Will Be there with the rest of my Family & Friends & Others In The Community.. Wearing My I Love Kailua Pin But Making A Statement by sitting down and saying WE LOVE KAILUA and WILL NOT GIVE IT UP FOR MONEY HUNGRY DEVELOPERS TO TURN IT INTO A RESORT TOWN.. Even If I'm by myself or if I get arrested I don't care.. Iwill make my silent sit down statement saying I LOVE MY TOWN AND IM NOT GIVING IT UP!!
Do Purchase Your "I Love Kailua " Pins and Enjoy The Community We Live In - Go Eat The Food - Listen To The Music Talk Story With Family & Friends But If You Feel The Urge To Join Us Please Do.. For We Are Of Many Races Living In One Of The BESTEST places In The World..[:

Re: CONSTRUCTIVE VS ARGUMENTIVE

Sample News Reporter Question "so what does argumentive mean"?

Sample Answer "it means making an argument"

News Reporter Response "actually, argumentive , is not a real word. I think the word you are looking for is 'argumentative'".

There went your credibility.

Did you ever think that this mispelling may have been on purpose? Is spelling the most important thing here? Is you head stuck so far up your . . . . .

This sounds like a lawyer...an anal one FRANK IS THIS YOU!!!

tomato..tomatoe..potato..potatoe...

heck...a president was asked..smoke?? ah ya..but didn't inhale...
so the spelling of a word that is incorrect makes one's...creditability a factor?

Some people are fixing to go to the store
others are going store, and others are going to go the store, or is it..I stay going store, you like go..

Heck, we know the bus is the bus...but..to clarify this...We going put the words..." the bus" on da bus so people no get confused..

I tink we get the point...