Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kaneohe Ranch

Aloha Below Is Kaneohe Ranch Website - Visit their site if you haven't already and learn about Kailua and the people taking part in our community.

Kaneohe Ranch Website

Discuss About Kaneohe Ranch Within This Section.

Re: Kaneohe Ranch

Lots of Kailua People have different views on Kaneohe Ranch. Here is an article that I think you would enjoy to read.
Honolulu Business Magazine "The Mitch Pitch" - March 2003

Sounds good to me. There's no mention of tourists. He's right about us not wanting to drive into town for stuff. If we can get it here, then definitely that's a plus.

Sounds great to me too

>>>July 27 – Kaneohe Ranch and the Harold K.L. Castle Foundation have recently unveiled a plaque honoring the hala or pandanus tree, a significant element of Kailua’s historic and natural beauty.<<<

great story behind it.. that is found on the Kaneohe Ranch Website...link above

Copy & Pasted "Sabrinacrk" comment that was taken off of a thread on this board.. because the thread it was posted on is soon to be locked for the 50max limit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sabrinacrk

Apr 10th, 2007 - 8:45 PM Re: Kailua Better Than Waimanalo - WHY

Baht:
The developement of Kailua by Kaneohe Ranch to put more money in thier pockets before the trust desolves at any exspence to the town of Kailua and it's residence is the real issue. Building Rodeo Drive stores, charging super high rents, and on top of it taking a percerntage of the businesses gross so the trust can be as wealthy as possible before it dissolves is what it is about. What about all the small businesses that have been here for years being closed down to make room for more beautiful buildings.
I hope everyone in Kailua has the money base to support these high end businesses. What will happen to all the people in the apartments that are going to be demolished, where will they go?
We have much bigger problems then just the illegal B & B's to consider. When it all said and done the big boys will prevail, and we will all be left to live in a high end commercialized beach front community.

Here is a link to the subject of the rentals:
Have More Send Them My Way I'll Post Them in here..
Honolulu Advertiser - Jan /20/2006
Kailua to lose 217 affordable rentals

Here is another article.. Was going to put it under KAILUA TOWN topic but since Kaneohe Ranch basically owns most of Kailua Town figure just shove em here..
This Article is back from 2003 so lots has changing already.

People don't stop communicating because one guy comes on here and says he can identify you from IP the reason he found me is because my name is on the listing for the Website.. don't let people like this intimidate you from expressing yourself.. I knew that people like this could dig stuff up..Thanks for those who are emailing me links suggestions and stuff..
But please express on the boards to.. communication IS IMPORTANT!! We all May Not see things EXACTLY the same way -- So What! I will try to keep my personal outlook on things separate.. And do what others did correct me.. TACTFULLY & RESPECTFULLY --

Mahalo ~ Lynn

Okay I'm out of here got to do my mommy duties ...
Yes Finn (smirk) I will get the rest of the things on my list done too

STAR BULLETIN - 9/28/2003 --CHANGING NEIGHBORHOODS The town and its beach
are adored by residents

Doing a great job!

yeah right thanks Kimo

Who is Kimo?

I thought you went to meetings???

here is a joke someone sent me........

Kimo Sabe

The Lone Ranger and Tonto stopped in the desert for the night. After they
got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kimo Sabe, look
towards sky, what you see?"

The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What that tell you?" asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to
be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it's
evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it
tell you, Tonto?"

Tonto is silent for a moment, then says, "Kimo Sabe, you dumber than buffalo kukai. It means someone stole tent."

The grass is always greener on the other side... its jus greener cuz it takes a whole lotta more manure'

"Ho'o malamalama Kailua"

Oh I thought there was a Kimo person in the blogs that I missed. Sorry.

I really hope that reference didn't mean that you believe I am stupid.

I am very aware of what is going on and for someone who advocates no name-calling, that would be pretty unfair coming from you.

Like I tell the kids at Shriners it doesn't matter what people think of you. What matters is that you believe in yourself and your ideas.

Belittling that ideal is very short-sighted and I hope your younger readers don't get the wrong impression.

"it doesn't matter what people think of you. What matters is that you believe in yourself and your ideas."

Sounds good to me.

Whether it is meant for a child or an Adult.

What a sad day it would be to have no dreams or goals.

With that in mind, let others vision their dreams, without judgment of their sincerity.

True. but this comment was asked of Lynn who called me "Kimo" and then quoted "Kimo Sabe, you dumber than buffalo kukai. It means someone stole tent" in a story. Thereby referring to me as "dumb". I just wanted clarification.

Baht you seem to take everything personal!!!!!
"I believe that you tend to take things too literally" = ( In your own words )
Unless your name is Kimo, I wasn't making reference to you! You say you go to meetings and you tend to eavesdrop alot so I'm sure you know who Kimo is .. and it was a joke.. about Kimo Sabe' ... tryin' to lighten up the board thats all..
You need to relax you take things too personal... It's like your purpose here is to p iss people off.. and by the looks of things you are doing a great job! You started all this by coming on this board DAY1 and started running your mouth by saying Waimanalo people dont have jobs Now that was a big time Stereotyping and predjudice statement....then you kept on running ya mouth and keep sayin' diz and dat hyprocrites,racial etc.. so If I'm going to call YOU any names it would be more than dumb!
You find negative in everything and are ready for DEBATE on any lil word people say and twist stuff all around.. You act like a politician instead of a regular Kailua person in which this board was intended for!
You ask people for their honest opinion on thing just to put it up onto a bahts firing squad so you can shoot it down.. this isn't only a debate board u know this is a place for people to "Talk Story" and share..

I'm going to continue to drop my links and drop my POV with the links open for discussion.. If you disagree on the topic of ILLEGAL TVU's etc.. then why don't you start a topic on a different issue of Kailua? Something positive unlike the negative topic of "Kailua Better Than Waimanalo" one that YOU STARTED..

So Baht with that said I am going to go back to sleep and get a few more hours of sleep before I get my kids ready for school..
For someone who got a full schedule you sure have lots of time to come on here and try to be the mayor of Kailua Speaks Out ..
Good Nite Pleasant dreams to you Baht and to all and
HANG LOOSE MONGOOSE - A -h ui -h ou

Hmm. It seems I've touched a nerve. Although you really didn't answer the question.

Just a simple yes or no would've sufficed.

And let's face it. All i'm doing is contributing. If others want to that's fine, but I really haven't seen alot of traffic posting on this site.

Baht why da heck do you make things so complicated??
I said if your name isn't Kimo then It wasn't meant for you!! And since you said that "Baht Gwain" is your real name guess it wasn't meant for you huh?
And the Kimo Sabe' joke was a joke to try and lighten people up... If you took it on a personal note then thats a personal problem you have to deal with!
I'm not going to be stepping on eggshells making sure Baht don't get offended by every word I say or others say... Get over yourself Baht..Not everything is about Baht!

As far as the other lil wise remarks you put down.... "Never judge a book by its cover" as long as they are reading learning ,understanding and responding to me via email thats fine too..

Not everything has to be a DEBATE & open for the firing squad... and not everything has to be discussed openly .. so you see everything is jus' Copacetic !!

As far as you touching a nerve... Nah- small kine jus more irritated but its all good Baht--"Don't Sweat the small stuff" actually Baht the board wouldn't be the same without your presence !! and you have a right to express your opinions & Point of Views openly as well as everyone else.. and I respect that ....I may not agree with all that you say but hey who agrees on everything?!

Sometimes I don't even agree with myself one day I may think or feel a particular way on a subject but then learn more on that subject then say Mmmm and "Oh" and then disagree with a comment I made previously upon a subject..
but it's okay to think differently cuz the more you learn and experience something of course you will change your way of thinking'. It's when you don't learn from your experiences or mistakes - That's when you have a problem..

As far as people posting or not posting --well I look at it this way.. as long as we got people communicating,sharing and coming together for the BEST interest in our community and home -- It's all good !!
I'm not out to win the highest hits award or get the most posts on the Kailua Speaks Out - bulletin board..hey I'm just as happy if they come here read and post on other sites like the Advertiser and Star Bulletin or others..As long as people are being made aware of our problems of Kailua and not only the hot topic of the ILLEGAL TVU's either..
Then to me the site has been a positive in providing a place where people can learn together , share together and experience together the changes in Kailua and even "good memories" of Kailua-- if we can be apart of learning sharing good and bad then all the better!! Even if its 2 people 4 people 6 people or 100 people..
So again I say,
Just because issues are not being discussed on this message board doesn't mean that its not being discussed..
I thank the many people who have been emailing and expressing themselves and sharing their experiences..and concerns..throwing me links..telling me jokes.. and LOL okcha's fish story jus cracks me up!! Especially with her Korean accent the story even sounds better !!Because its her memories & those memories are what makes Kailua a Family place!!
People are so quick to judge people but slower to get to know people for WHO they really are!!
Maybe these are not people that have been involved within our community actively but THEY ARE APART OF OUR COMMUNITY and their words do count whether or not its on the message board doesn't matter to me..because I understand how some don't want their names to be shown because of various reasons one being retaliation for speaking whats on their minds.. I respect that...and I understand that..
Lots of people I talk to are offline also....for I do have a life outside of the Kailua Speaks Out Message Board or site..And hey I've meet some WONDERFUL from the heart people just in this short duration of putting up this site and you know what!!! That is worth it all in itself!!!I've gotten to meet neighbors of my community that I would of probably never gotten to meet! What a blessing in disguise huh!
Its amazing when people pull together how much can get accomplished!!
Remember jus as you hold your homeland dear to your heart -- we too hold our homeland "Hawai'i Nei / Kailua dear to our hearts --
Just as you got offensive when someone touched on your homeland we too get offensive.. and we too, get in that Bahts famous liner "I find that offensive" mode.
I KNOW YOU ASKED ME FOR A YES or NO question only... but HEY! I'm Portuguese and we tend to give a whole speech rather than a YES or NO!

Ho'o malamalama Kailua

I thank you again Baht for participating and being apart of OUR KAILUA SPEAKS OUT online community!
As I thank all who participate! And Thank those who have sent words of encouragement and thanks..
Mahalo nui loa

I have to go because my father is not doing to good today and may have to take him to the hospital so If you don't hear back from me all that is why..and that too Baht is another reason why my patience is a little low for games at this present moment..I apologize if I have offended you but hope your realize not everything is political or has to be politically correct!
Have a great day!!

Life is too darn short!!! appreciate the small things in life because those are the things that hold the greatest value!!Money cant buy those things!!
God Bless All!!

I forgive you for your lapse of judgement.

Hope your father is okay. GB

GB means God Bless by the way.

Mahalo nui loa Baht for your kindness..
Have a great night all