Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VOTING FOR NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD

PLEASE GIVE COMMENTS ON WHO YOU THINK WOULD SERVE KAILUA AND US AS A COMMUNITY BETTER!!
NOT AS A TOURIST COMMUNITY BUT AS A FAMILY..
TALK ABOUT THE BOARD MEMBERS ETC>..

Re: VOTING FOR NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD

The illegal vacation rental people are trying to inflitrate the Kailua Neighborhood Board with "their" candidates. "Their" candidates include, Josh Rubino, Mary Beddow and Frank Lockwood.

If you want to help curb the negative impacts of vacation rentals on Kailua, vote instead for Kalana Best, Mike Dudley, Joe Harding, Jon Chinen, Mike Correa, Susan Dowsett, Chuck Prentiss, Donna Wong, Jim Corcoran, Linda Ure,Larry Bartley, John Brown, Kathy Byrant-Hunter, Debbi Glanstein, Knud Lindgard, Chris Porter and Claudine Tomasa,

If Candidates or friends Of Candidates Would like to express their concern on pros or cons on a candidate please discuss that here too..

And The Candidates That Are Running For Our Kailua Neighborhood Board No 31 Are:
For detail scoops on each candidate
Click here

Thank You John For Your Input ..

Had a very bad experience with a hush hush behind the scene experience with one of the names mentioned in the above listed "curb" list when they were participating at Lanikai Elementary School.
Well I may be misunderstood, and I don't want to falsly accuse anyone but perhaps others had similiar problems? Would love to hear if anyone else had any similiar type problems at Lanikai- Just addressing a concern not making an accusation.

Maybe, that is why so many individuals at one point and time years ago got district exceptions to: Keolu Elementry , Kailua Elementary and other windward schools because of some of the corrupt ways things were handled at Lanikai.
Hopefully that corruption is now not leaking into our neighborhood board committee that would be devestating to our community at whole.
The lengths that some individuals will go to just to make things look good on paper is unbelievable!
Thank you,
A curious parent

RE ( LANIKAI SCHOOL )

I Relate BIG TIME On Dat One - Lanikai Parent !!!!
I Had To Myself Get A District Exception For My Children... But Keolu Said They Were Not Taking Anymore Kids From Lanikai & We Ended Up Having To Go To "Enchanted Lakes" Where My Children Did A Complete Turn around In All Ways ( One Needed Special Education ) Best Move I Made...
Even though instead of walking 5 min I had to drive them.. But Don't Get Me Started On This Topic!!..They went places they shouldn't of with me and my family...pulled all kinds of ****!!And despite what others say IT WAS RACIAL !!! Thats All I'm Saying About That!! But my other two children (blonde hair - blue eyes)--- No Problems!! thats why I don't like Charter!! Public Schools should be handled by DOE Totally..
I too would like to know if anyone else had problems besides you and I. !!

Well so far the people who are FED UP with all that is going on with things around Kailua (of course other than Realtors,Illegal Ops of those B/b tvu & others who have a $$$ interest in this industry)

A handful said I jus didn't vote !
and alot of the rest said "I jus voted for the ones that said Keep It Kailua"

I did encourage people to come and participate because the neighborhood board does not run the town WE THE PEOPLE run the town -- the board does need community support.

To Josh Rubino,
Do you have the results of your campaign survey?

As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods; They kill us for their sport

I did find the survey results on your myspace account thank you anyway , you probably don't even know bout' this site anyway.
I was just curious cuz I know I talked to you in the begining of March - and just wanted to know because you had mentioned something to that affect.

Wanton boys ?!?