Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic & Parking In Kailua

Okay our roads are overturned literally and conjested our parking is for the birds.. If you ever looped around Times Shopping center 8 x then only to finally get a spot and enjoy shopping and food then to find your tire marked and a ticket on your windshield because you took too long waiting in lines..

Re: Traffic & Parking In Kailua

Someone wanted me to write and ask this question..

RE: Parking at Longs Building Parking Lot...
How is it that Kaneohe Ranch Tickets Patrons that park and shop at stores that generates income for them both in rent and a percentage of the overall gross.. But yet takes away parking and rents the top portion of the new parking building to McKenna's .. That's not really showing support to the community! Or was it their intent from the beginning to build it for the purpose of renting it to McKenna?!?

SOMETHING POSITIVE :)

Well sorta positive..Someone asked me to input this into the site....

Maybe someone can get Kaneohe Ranch To Repaint the Times Shopping Center Parking Lot Arrows the tourist get confused on which way to go..
ESPECIALLY THE ARROW BY SUBWAY so people know its a one way "to the right " and around in circles with the rest of the traffic going around and around to find parking..
SO NEW PAINT JOB for ARROWS IN PARKING LOT-- help to prevent accidents.

Have you ever received a ticket? I've never seen one before. What are the rules?

Basically I think they first started it because the workers of the various businesses were using the parking lot and others would park there and catch bus down town.. So that would be understandable.. but what they do is go around with chalk and mark the tires of all vehicles that were parked there and if the tire was in same place during there next round they would give a ticket - place it on the windshield as a warning and then tow..
My father who is handicap and was parked in handicap zone they were going to tow his car..
People shop at various places and some go into the bookstore look around .. go have coffee .. then go shopping maybe pop into tropics have a drink and 2 hrs can go pretty fast..especially if one is handicap.. It jus seems really unfair ticketing the patrons of the shopping center..
I know they recently upgraded and now take pictures of the license plates with a special device .. I'm not too sure on the exact procedures would love it if someone from K-Ranch would let us know..
I personally called the number and they put you on an OK list .. they were pretty brief on the phone...
It's not too fun going around in circles in that shopping center and you finally get a spot - to get up and move your car if you are getting close to that 2hr max can be very annoying...especially if you are handicap.. its not easy for them to get in and out...One guy was freaking because he was in the bookstore and they towed his vehicle long ago I remember kids crying..it was sad...

I don't know anyone else out there every got a
K-Ranch ticket??

I believe marking the arrows at the Kailua Shopping Area is a fantastic idea. I noticed the parking lot by So Kailua, just got a make over yesterday...(I'd bet that it'll be done before Saturday)

Last week while pulling into a stall at times, I noticed a convertible with some Japanese tourist going in the wrong direction. I got their attention, and tried to use sign language to let them know that they were going the wrong direction.
We made progress, and they were able to drive into an empty stall and turn around so that they would be facing in the right direction.

Never received a ticket from the Times or Foodland Parking Lot, but have seen the attendants who issue them walking around and marking tires.

Received a Ticket at Cinnamons Parking Lot...fine 35.00...
Beats the towing expenses, that's for sure.