Kailua Speaks Out - Forum

Please feel free to post - Use The "Reply" Button

Kailua Speaks Out - Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Things You Would Like To discuss re: The Neighborhood Board

Want to ask Neighborhood Board something or questions about our neighborhood board.. drop your questions or comments here.

Re: Things You Would Like To discuss re: The Neighborhood Board

The Neighborhood Board should continue to address the issues of TVAs' in Kailua and the lack of enforcement of the laws regarding TVAs'. Does the Neighborhood Board need assistance from the community in identifying suspected TVAs'? I know that this is not the responsibility of the Board, but it has been in discussion over the past couple of years and the community has seen very little result. This, of course, is not the responsibility of the Board, but what can we do at a grass roots level to help the Board and the community?

Would anyone from the Kailua Neighborhood Board care to get in on the discussions going on here or to respond to any questinos or ideas?

What happens to a real estate agent who traffics in (manages on behalf of absentee owners) vacation rentals? Do they lose their license ? Since they have to past testing in order to get a license, and I would assume the test includes questions about the legal issues involved with real estate, they would have to know that they were violating the law. What is the penalty for this? Has this happened in history?

I TYPE IN CAPS INDICATING I AM THE WEBMASTER NOT BECAUSE SHOUTING .. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW SO YOU CAN DISTINGUISH IT FROM THE REST OF THE GROUP.
---------------------------------------------------
I HAVE TALKED TO MANY PEOPLE WITHIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY AND SOME ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND MEETINGS AND OR GO ONLINE. REASONS VARY...AGE(SENIORS),NO COMPUTER,HANDICAPS,ETC...
SO THEY DO HAVE QUESTIONS AND I WILL PRESENT THEM TO YOU AND GET THE ANSWERS TO THEM VIA PRINTING OUT ETC..
---------------------------------------------------
QUESTION:
THE NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD SEEMS TO BE FIGHTING AMONGST THEMSELVES ABOUT WHO IS FOR AND AGAINST B&B'S TVU/TVA'S -- THIS IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR TO THEM AS A COMMUNITY MEMBER BECAUSE, YES! IF YOU GET PEOPLE IN THEIR FOR THOSE WANTING THESE RENTALS OUR RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY WILL EVENTUALLY BE RUINED...BECAUSE OF BIAS OPINIONS ..SINCE MOST MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY WHO LIVE HERE ARE RESIDENTIAL AND FAMILY ORIENTATED..
I'M TRYING TO GET THEIR QUESTION RIGHT SO BEAR WITH ME.... THEY ARE CONFUSED IN WHO TO VOTE FOR BECAUSE THIS ISSUE IS HOT!!BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO VOTE FOR THE PERSON IF THEY FAVOR THE VACATION RENTAL ALLOWANCE IN KAILUA... I EXPLAINED TO THEM THAT THEIR IS A LIST AVAILABLE THAT ONE READER LEFT ON THIS SITE....... SO.... FOR THE RECORD WHO IS FOR THE VACATION RENTALS AND WHO IS AGAINST THIS THAT ARE RUNNING FOR SEATS? AND THE REASONS BEHIND IT?
WOULD LOVE FOR THOSE RUNNING FOR SEATS TO COME FORWARD AND STATE THEIR POSITIONS ON THIS ISSUE TO ALL: