Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Home School Day at the Connecticut Historical Society!

You can find better programs at local libraries or museums like the CT Science Center. Ct historical society's programs feel like poorly implemented projects from a high school student. I think they need to train their staff better. Just google the topics of their programs and you can a blog with the exact same lesson. Poor direction with programs and program design. A waste of time.

I have heard bad things about how these things are coordinated and run. That the educators as a whole are not well trained and often have no educational background. I heard that the lewd coordinator has been overheard making fun of patrons at the museum. Had this been stopped? What measures have taken to ensure high quality educators are with pure children and instructing them. From news on other message boards, Twitter, and homeschool Facebook pages- there seems to be a need for a complete retail of the entire program and department.

Looking for other homeschool programs besides the museum for the fall for ages 7-9.

Not a huge fan of the family programing. I thought this was a recent thing due to budget cuts across the state etc. by the looks of it, it doesn't look like a problem of lack of funding but more of a lack of care put into the programming. I highly recommend training your staff and supervisors.