Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Returning to homeschooling in Colchester

Hello, I am a mother of 6, who homeschooled my oldest for 1st grade. He is now in 5th grade and we are coming back to it, fue to frusteration with the school. I am not homeschooling the others (as of yet....we'll see how that goes) and would love to meet up with other parents who have students about the same age as my 11 year old. He is in Special Education and I am currently trying to figure out what I need to do, in order for him to have the Sp. Ed. classes that he needs. I know that the school system is still required to provide those, but I don't know how I go about doing that. I contacted the Special Education department today and we seem to be playing phone tag. Please let me know if you want to meet up, have classes together, or even if you have any information for me. Thank you very much!