Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
will be starting homeschooling next year looking for advice and friends

Hi
I have decided to start homeschooling my 7 year old daughter. I am new to homeschooling and am looking for advice. I am not quite sure where to begin or how to connect with other homeschoolers with children the same age. I probably have a million and one questions lol. I am in Ellington CT. Anyone nearby?
Laurie

Re: will be starting homeschooling next year looking for advice and friends

Hi Laurie,
I have a daughter who is 8, will be 9 in December...and also 2 boys, 4.5 and 6.5. We are going to homeschool in the fall too, we live in the Montville area, where is Ellington?

Sherri Thomas

Re: will be starting homeschooling next year looking for advice and friends

Hi Laurie,
I'm in Tolland (originally from Ellington). I, too, am going to start homeschooling my soon to be 7 year old this year. I'm new to this also, so probably have no answers for you, but thought I'd say "hi" as I do not know of anyone in our area who is homeschooling.

Sharon