Return to Website

In Memory of........

You're invited to honor your loved one on this board in any way that helps you deal with your grief whether it's a story, poem, link to a memorial site or sharing feelings about your loss.  Memorial candles are displayed at In Memory of Ben - Memorial Candles and will stay lit as long as this site is alive.
Please know that IP addresses are recorded.

In Memory of........
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R.I.P. Bonnie (1936-2006)

Bonnie is my grandmother.. she was the only grandparent I ever met because all the others died at least 6 years before I was born.. I wasn't close to Bonnie until family problems at home often landed me at her house from January to March of 2006.. In March, I turned 16 and I began coming to Bonnie's house to get away from my problems at home and, willingly, to be with her.
I decided to spend my summer with her.. One week I had a doctor's appointment so I had to come back home for that week and the day I came back to Bonnie's house, she was in severe pain and my aunts took her to the hospital in Memphis. Two days later, June 26, 2006, Bonnie, a smoker from about age 12 (the year 1948) till Dec. 31, 2005 (age 69), was diagnosed with lung cancer. A week later she got out of the hospital and was placed under hospice care at my aunt's house.
On July 18, 2006, with her oldest daughter holding her hand, my grandmother passed away.
July 20, 2006 was her visitation and funeral. R.I.P. Bonnie. I miss and love you.

Name of loved one and dates: Connie "Bonnie" Yvonne Simpson

Re: R.I.P. Bonnie (1936-2006)

I know how you are feeling I just lost my mother on 7-11-2006 she was a COPD patient and your not alone. I will pray for you.I still have my grandmother my mom's mom. She was so brave having to lay her oldest child to rest. She is my rock now and I love her dearly.

Name of loved one and dates: Betty Haggard July11,2006

Re: Re: R.I.P. Bonnie (1936-2006)

Thank you so much... I will pray for your family also!

Name of loved one and dates: Bonnie Feb '36-July '06