Return to Website

In Memory of........

You're invited to honor your loved one on this board in any way that helps you deal with your grief whether it's a story, poem, link to a memorial site or sharing feelings about your loss.  Memorial candles are displayed at In Memory of Ben - Memorial Candles and will stay lit as long as this site is alive.
Please know that IP addresses are recorded.

In Memory of........
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I love you forever Mom and I will keep looking for a sign from you

My sweet mom only sixteen years older than me passed away from lung cancer October 28, 2004...My mom was my best friend and there was nothing we could not talk about..My mom found out she had cancer in May of 2004 and that it was inoperable...My dad made the doctors and staff keep her terminal illness from her and told me I was not to tell my mom of her real condition... My mom suffered through many chemo treatments and believed she only had five more treatments to go and she would be cured...My mom died thinking she was in the hospital for a blockage in her bowels with severe pain...My dad told me that I was not allowed to come home to see mom because if she saw me she would know she was dying...I flew down anyway on the first plane out and arrived at her bedside on the 28th of October...I told the nurse to get her a pain shot ordered because I have never seen her in so much pain...My dad called me across the hall and told me he wished I had not come down and he would be glad when I left. He told me I had the nurses all upset and that there was no way they could get her a pain shot called in from her doctor..My mom begged me to stay by her side but my dad had me so upset I told her I would be right back and left so I would not upset her and fall apart in front of her..Now the words haunt me because my mom and I are so very close...My dad apologized but my mom was gone before we could get back in her room...I often wonder if she is upset with me and it will forever hurt me deep inside where others can not see...I love you so much mom and I am so sorry for not being there for you in the last minutes of your death..Please forgive me mom......Pam

Name of loved one and dates: Mama Bluefeathers

Re: I love you forever Mom and I will keep looking for a sign from you

hi i just want to say i think i no how u feel as i lost my mum too if u wanna chat reply my mum died of cardiomyopathy five mins before i got to the hospital she was 30yrs old

i miss her so much but noone noes how i feel i hope u do plz reply

Name of loved one and dates: mummy

Re: I love you forever Mom and I will keep looking for a sign from you

Hello, Pam my name is Nicole and I recently just lost my mom as well to lung cancer. She fought it for sixteen long years. Like you I also did not get there in time i got to her home right after she passed my brother and father were with her. I just wanted to give you my feeling on it, to try to comfort you. I believe that mom did not want you to see her go, maybe it would of had a different affect on you and also when they leave us from this world, this life there is no more anger, no fear, no worries about what you did or you didn't do. It a whole new world with peace. Just keep mom close to your heart love her like you always did and share with her all your thoughts and feelings but never worry what you did or didn't do because there are NO hard feelings just wonderful memories of a beautiful friendship of a mother and daughter. I hope this helps you some. Take care of yourself and God Bless You.