Return to Website

Farringdon Village Forum

This is a free and open forum to raise issues that concern residents of the village. Feel free to have your say.

Farringdon Village Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Massey Folley and village amenities

Hi.
I have recently moved to the village.Having spent the last 7 years in North Devon.It feels good to be back.One of the surrounding areas was previously my home..(Passfield)

The village and its occupants could not have been more welcoming to me.Thankyou..

I have made a point of finding out what goes on in and around the village.Lots and lots by all accounts...Fantastic community spirit.

All that aside, i have taken a special interest in Massey Folley..What a fantastic piece of history you have on your doorstep.

Having spent 25 years (before my commercial enterprises) in Youth and Community work.I feel convinced a measured and feasible proposal could be put forward to save,preserve and use this lovely resource for the benefit of the community.

I do hope many more people will support this gigantic effort already undertaken by committed individuals within the village.

My friend and business partner Donna Corbin is also joining forces to add weight(a solicitor) to this proposal to preserve the folly for community use.

The website is a fantastic resource,keep up the good work..Maybe i will be able to identify you in the local pub one day..I live opposite,so i am looking out for the mystery webmaster....

I do hope to meet and recruit many more dedicated followers who are interested in preserving the folly for its residents and surrounding community.

Keep smiling...Mary Roberts..