Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
Amy
Looking for homeschooling friends for my 8 year old
I pretty sure I'm going to homeschool my almost 8 year old daughter. I still have to get ahold of her father and get his input. I am in need of playdate pals for her especially if I do homeschool her. We are in norwich. we can travel. farthest prolly east lyme....
Views: 434   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 16, 2013 9:27am
by amy Tingen
free school furniture
Groton Church of Christ has two round tables and ten chairs for children (grades 1-4?). All except one table are in great condition; the one table is usable. Free to church, Christian school or homeschool family. Call Mike at 860-445-7534 or email. Groton Church...
Views: 240   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 19, 2013 3:41pm
by Nicole
May history classes
Here are 2 classes in May to help us better appreciate the Christian roots of our state... On May 4th and 18th, the Institute of Connecticut History will be presenting lectures on Connecticut’s Preachers. Both will be held at the Noah Webster House in West...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2013 7:53am
by Karen Cupit
Looking for get togethers
I live in New Haven and do not know any other homeschoolers. I would like to meet others in hopes of a playdate(s) for my two boys ages 7 and 5. Thanks.
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2013 1:37pm
by Holly Nichols Qu...
Deciding to homeschool
I have recently decided to home school my children. I have not made to transition yet because I want to be sure I am fully aware of the legalities as well as my parental rights. I feel that I have a thorough understanding now, but just wanted to see if any parents he...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2013 1:30pm
by Elizabeth
History class
CT Institute of History presents Jonathon Edwards and the First Great Awakening Saturday, April 13th from 11-1 PM at the First Congregational Church, 992 Main Street, South Windsor For more information go to instituteofcthistory.com or call 860 583-9974
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 8:33am
by Karen Cupit
Homeschooling Support/Friends in Oakdale (Montville) Area
Hello! I have 2 girls--ages 4 1/2 and 3--and we're just starting the homeschooling process. Mainly I'm looking for a support network & socialization & opportunities to meet other homeschooling families in our area. I'm in Oakdale (part of Montville). If anyone is...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 12:53pm
by Katrina
looking to meet other homeschoolers around South Windsor
I am new to homeschooling. I have 2 boys, a 12 year old and a 9 year old. We would love to meet other homeschoolers nearby and take some field trips together or take some classes together as well.
Views: 270   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 12:21pm
by Christine
Homeschooling in Windsor Locks
Hi, I am planning to begin homeschooling my 10 year old son and I am looking for other kids in the area or surrounding towns who are also homeschooling for him to socialize with.
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 9:51am
by Christine
Books for sale
Is there a place to list books for sale?
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 11:05am
by Anne Bora
a
Alison
New to homeschooling in Brooklyn
Hi! We are new to homeschooling in Brooklyn. Our daughter is 11 (12 in April). We are eager to meet new people and welcome any information about homeschooling! Alison
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 12:29pm
by Alison
fieldtrip to LAUNCH Trampoline park in RI on March 29
I am planning a fieltrip to LAUNCH Trampoline park in Warwick RI on March 29 group rate is -one hr of jumping $12 please contact me if you are interested or want more info
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 8:24am
by Anne Bora
On-sight History Class
The Life and Times of Thomas Hooker (1586-1647) Little is known or appreciated of this good man’s works that influenced the American experiment. He is aptly called “the father of American democracy”. He risked all to adventure into the Connectic...
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2013 8:35am
by Karen Cupit
New promo video for Homeschool Academy in Hartford!
http://vimeo.com/nightglass/review/58500459/dfb98d7a23 Call or email for a tour!
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 3:08pm
by Erika Ahern
c
Cathy
HomeSchooli in Stafford
Hi, I am looking for other families in Stafford Springs,CT that home school their children.The only thing that seems to be a problem is the social activities. Cathy
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2013 2:04pm
by Cathy
New to Home Schooling
Hi, I just removed my 7 (8 in March) year old daughter from the public school system to home school her. To be quite honest I have NO idea exactly what I'm supposed to do. I have looked into different websites & have some books she's been using the past couple of da...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 11:12pm
by Anne M.
Crime Scene Camp!
My Son is already signed up for this camp p but we need more attendance for it to happen. I'll forward the announcement, i hope we get more, thanks! Hi Sarah Thank you for your reply. The "announcement" is below: I am running a one-day Forensic Scie...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 3:32pm
by Sarah Frasher
Open House for Homeschool Academy Group!
PARENT OPEN HOUSE Feb. 3rd AND March 10th, 1-3 PM: REGINA CAELI ACADEMY at St. Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic School 135 Wethersfield Ave, Hartford, CT. RCA is a hybrid academy serving grades Preschool -12th in the Catholic tradition. RCA provides fully accredite...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 3:54pm
by Erika Ahern
d
Delma
new to connecticut, if i have never been a part of the school system here .....
Do I need to do the whole letter of intent thing? My son had been going to connections in nevada and we are thinking of homeschooling now that we are in ct, but im not sure how to go about that.
Views: 270   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2013 4:15pm
by Delma
New to area/home schooling
Hi, I have two children whom I am preparing to home school. I would love to find others in my are who are involved in home schooling.I have a 5 year old son and an 8 year old daughter. It would be so wonderful to recieve any helpful information. We are in the Ledyard...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 5:21pm
by Jennifer
Young girl teen.
We are looking for early teen girls to do fun field trips with. If you are in New London County please contact us.
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2012 12:24pm
by Donna Lesczczyns...
d
Diane
Paying a competent person to homeschool my 15 y.o
Hello, currently, I live in Maine. With the way the economy is I maybe forced to moved to Rhode Island with my mother. My friend in Maine home schools my dear daughter. I am not in the position to home school as I am extremely disorganized and often lose focus. It wo...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2012 11:07am
by Diane
ct-cheer educator identification
diane, i can't seem to find a link to the ct-cheer homeschool educator id. mine is about to expire on 8/31/12. i know you usually have a link (cause you create them). help, cecilia
Views: 339   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 8:12pm
by Diane
s
Susan
Starting Homeschooling in Hebron
Hi Everyone, My husband and I are strongly considering taking my 5yo out of kindergarten and are looking for socialization options. I guess we are looking for some regular play dates in the 5-6yo age range. We also have a 14m old boy and a 6 1/2 yo girl who is in...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 12:27pm
by Susan
Is there Anyone out there?
Hi! We recently moved to East Hampton and are and have been homeschooling for a couple of years. My husband is nervous about my son having no friends out here in the country. We go to a co-op every week in Manchester but no one there lives near the East Hampton/Moodu...
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 8, 2012 3:27pm
by Ali Durbois
j
Jenn
literacy
Would anyone be interested in learning more about literacy instruction with your children? Reading, writing, "literacy on location". I can do parent workshops in areas of need, concern, and interest. Thank you!
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2012 10:03am
by Lisa
Eastern CT Children's Chorus at Thames Valley Music School
Eastern CT Chorus at Thames Valley Music School Come and sing with us! music literacy, sol - feg, vocal technique, singing games students grade 3 - 12 Saturday's 10:00 - 11:30 Tuition: $100.00 ( 12 week semester) Director : Ann Megan Call to reg...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2012 6:30am
by Jennifer Doerwal...
Southeastern CT Field Trip for Home Schoolers
Hi everyone! I am brand new to home schooling my daughter this year and would like to get some field trips and group events scheduled to keep her social. I found this great free field trip. It's a guided tour through Stop&Shop to teach them about health and nutrition...
Views: 424   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 15, 2012 2:08pm
by Dina
Thames valley music school jazz and pop string orchestra
Bass, cello, violin, viola players wanted for Thames Valley Music Schhol jazz and pop string orchestra Students grades 4- 8 Sunday's beginning Oct 7 Tuition $200.00 (full year) Junior String Orchestra : 4:00 - 5:00 Advanced String Orchestra 5:00-6:00...
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2012 1:35pm
by Jennifer Doerwal...
Study groups?
Hi. My girls are 8 and 11 and I am looking for people in the Colchester area to get together with to form some study/socializing groups. Anyone interested? Thanks in advance!
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2012 10:22am
by JoAnn Magyarik
considering homeschooling
I am a stay at-home Mom of two. My son is in grade six and my daughter is in Kindergarden. My son is very bright and has some social pragmatics issues. He has always had a hard time making friends and got teased often. However it never seemed to bother him much, he...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2012 8:33am
by Molly
New to homeschooling
I live in Colchester. I am going to start homeschooling. Can I just call the school and tell them I am not sending my child anymore? Or is there a legal process? Do I need to write a letter of intent or not? Thanks!
Views: 281   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 11, 2012 8:23am
by Molly
Homeschool Lego Engineering
Homeschool Engineering with Lego Play Well TEKnologies ages 8 - 12 Time : Tuesday Oct 16 - December 4th, 10 : 30 AM - 12:00 PM Design and build motorized machines, catapults, pyramids, demolition derby cars, buildings and other constructions out of LEGO bricks....
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2012 10:38am
by Jennifer Doerwal...
d
Diane
CT C.H.E.E.R. ON FACEBOOK
Just to let you know that there is a truly inclusive facebook group for CT homeschooling families, or those considering it, that you can join. Check it out and "LIKE" it for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/CtCheerUsa
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 11:02pm
by Diane
College Fair @ ECSU on Sept 26, 12-2
Windham High School is hosting a college fair on Sept. 26, 2012, and we would like to invite homeschooling families to attend. The event is being held at Geissler Auditorium, on the Eastern CT State University campus, next Wednsday, from 12-2. There should be 48 coll...
Views: 182   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 10:23pm
by Diane
"American Hero " by Ariel
I would like to introduce my very talented neice,barely 18 yrs. old, Ariel, who has just posted her first music video on u-tube. It is a song that will touch every americans heart. "AMERICAN HERO" was written both for her daddy and all VETS. I am looking for sup...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2012 10:59am
by AnnMarie Sargent
g
Ginny
Giving Away….. free stuff
We are finished homeschooling and I have a ton of materials. I would like to share it with a group of connected homeschoolers. Requirements: you contribute several boxes to pick things up in; you be willing to pick up in Quaker Hill (section of Waterford, CT, near...
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2012 10:01am
by April Perreault
Looking for other 'preteen' families in Griswold
Hi to all! I am homeschooling my 12 year old daughter in Griswold. I work outside of the home M-F, until at least 4PM. (Dad is home during the day.) We are looking for fellow homeschoolers interested in creating a group. I am committed to taking at least one day per...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2012 9:12am
by Cindy P
Homeschoolers band?
Does anyone know of any concert bands that are geared toward homeschoolers? My daughter is a flute player and would like to be part of a school-like band without having the ties to the school system. She's 11. Thanks in advance!
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 8:09pm
by JoAnn Magyarik
Jumping in!
Ok. I'm going to do it! I've got an 11 year old and an 8 year old, both girls, and I'm going to homeschool both of them. Are there any Colchester families who would like to have a few more people in their work groups?
Views: 381   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 8:00pm
by JoAnn Magyarik
d
diana
new to ledyard ct and homeschooling
Hi i am new to the area and my oldest son is 6 and i want to start some kind of homeschooling, like play dates, day trips... i have a 3 1/2 year old girl and a baby boy 11m so i am open to make friends for my kids
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2012 8:13pm
by diana
d
Diane
NEW HOMESCHOOL E-LOOP
CT C.H.E.E.R. has a sister group that you might want to join ... just email HomeschoolOpenForum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com . What's it about ? This group is a sister group to the CT C.H.E.E.R. group that offers membership for local area events to those home...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2012 6:44pm
by Diane
d
Diane
Meeting: The Legalities of Homeschooling
When ? Monday, September 10th Time? evening Where ? Colchester area Who? We're having a guest speaker: Attorney Deborah G. Stevenson Why ? Because homeschoolers, both current and prospective, need to be on the same page with the facts. There is a fascina...
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2012 7:56am
by Diane
Need playmates, shall we start a group?
Hi! We live in Pawcatuck and have been homeschooling for a few years now, we are somewhere between eclectic and unschooly. My daughters are 9 & soon-to-be 5 and would love some friends to hang out with. Does anyone want to get together and maybe start a playgroup...
Views: 439   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 14, 2012 12:57pm
by Berkeley
j
Joanne
New Homeschoolers to East Lyme
Hello. I am new to homeschooling, although taught in the public school setting for 19 years. I am now homeschooling my three children in the East Lyme area, and am looking for opportunities to meet others and get the kids together for play and socialization. I see...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2012 9:39pm
by Kate
Returning to homeschool in Groton
Hello! I am back at homeschooling my daughter and looking for other homeschoolers in the area to connect with. Would love to hear from you.
Views: 402   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 12, 2012 9:07pm
by Kate
d
Diane
HOMESCHOOL SUPPORT MTG
Hi All, I'm posting this to let you know that in the mid-summer, there will be a few homeschool support and informational meetings planned for adults to attend in the early evening. They will be in the general Colchester to Manchester & Mansfield area. The mee...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2012 4:25pm
by Diane
used cirriculum for sale
I have the FULL VERSIONS of VideoText Interactive for high school math, BJU 8th grade Excursions in Literature (third edition), ABEKA America Land that I Love, Adobe Photoshop CS5 and a few other things. Let me know what you are looking for. I may very well have it...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2012 11:32am
by Ruth Hartunian-A...
Field trip programs
I am looking for some feedback from homeschool parents. I work with a non-profit interested in offering day programs for home school families in science and environmental education. We have an awesome facility with a fantastic staff and a long standing reputation in...
Views: 265   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2012 12:07pm
by Christine
Invitation to meet a candidate
I am extending an invitation to anyone interested in the Fifth Congressional District election to share some good food and conversation with one of the candidates for Congress at an event in Roxbury on July 25. This is NOT a solicitation for funds...the event is fre...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2012 10:06pm
by Deborah Stevenso...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Free Forum powered by Bravenet