The ORGAN Family Research Forum

ORGAN one name study

The ORGAN Family Research Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Organ/Dowdeswell...Glos. ENG.-Australia

Correction to former reply ... I mis-stated the birth year of "our" Elizabeth Organ..it should read 1836.

Re: Re: Re: Organ/Dowdeswell...Glos. ENG.-Australia

I made 2 errors in my first reply, which I would like to correct for future readers.
William Organ with his second wife, Ann Sophia Jenkins nee Munday/Mundy, and their children from Gloucestershire, England, emigrated to Australia on the "James Fernie" (note spelling correction) in 1856.
And William Organ's eldest daughter Elizabeth, from his first wife - Mary Ann Dowdeswell - was born in 1836 at Withington, GLS.
Also, descendants of the children of Ann Sophia Jenkins are related to descendants of the Organ children of Mary Ann Dowdeswell, by marriage.

Re: Organ/Dowdeswell...Glos. ENG.-Australia

Hi, I,m a descendant of George Henry Lambkin and Emily Jenkins. They had a son Giles(b 1867) who was my Great-Grandfather. Love to hear from you.

Re: Organ/Dowdeswell...Glos. ENG.-Australia

Hi Susan,
It's lovely to hear from an Organ relative. We are related through the father Willliam - an Organ who migrated to Oz in 1856 on the 'James Fernie' with his widowed 2nd wife (and next door neighbour), and all of their children . William was also widowed. So William is our commmon ancestor.His eldest daughter, Elizabeth Organ, was a cook on Rangers Valley station near Inverell,NSW when he met and they married in 1857 at Rangers Valley. They are my
gr.gr.grandparents. I am organizing our first Wicks connections reunion on Sunday 21st November in Brisbane, and also compiling a family book for the occasion You are very welcome - send me your postal adddress if you are interested.