The ORGAN Family Research Forum

ORGAN one name study

The ORGAN Family Research Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mary Organ married Joseph Crane

Surprise, catherine. I was checking out this site again, so thought I would give you a surprise with some info re ORGAN. First record I have is Joel ORGAN married Eliza WITTS 15/7/1838. Joel was the son of Joel, a carpenter; Eliza the daughter of John Witts a clothier. Witnesses Ellen Carpenter and Henry Naish.
In 1841 census
Joel ORGAN aged 25 Labourer & Eliza aged 20; with children Sarah aged 2 and William aged 6 months. Also there was a Henry WITTS a stationer, living with them.
by the time of the 1851 census it would appear that Eliza either changed her name, was dead and Joel remarried, or the clerk misspelt her name as CLARA; as the family was Jaell head aged 38 labourer born Nibley Glos.
Clara wife aged 30 born Wotten-U-Edge Glos,
Sarah aged 12, William aged 10, Mary aged 8, Elizabewth aged 6, Eliza aged 4, and Ann aged 1. All the children born St.Phillip's Bristol.

All the best
Evelyn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am searching for ancestors/descendants of gg grandmother Mary Organ born abt 1840's England. She maried Joseph William Crane 1868 at Bristol Cathedral and had daughter Martha Mary born 1869 Bristol. Mary and Joseph emigrated to Australia (don't know when). She died Bundaberg Queensland Australia. Curious to learn names of Mary's parents and possible siblings. Regards Catherine.