Forum Lichaamstaal

Iedereen maakt gebruik van lichaamstaal. Op deze forumpagina kun je vragen stellen, discussieren en van gedachten wisselen over lichaamstaal.

Forum Lichaamstaal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Research

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me...
>
I am currently studying for my A Levels and am doing my Psychology coursework. I am investigating whether there is a gender difference in how body lanugage is perceived. For example, do females read more into body language than males do.

However, I cannot find any exisiting research that would assist this topic.

I was wondering whether anyone knew of any similar studies that could help me out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------
Want a free ipod?

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=20041777

Re: Research

I dont remember where, but I did have seen something about this subject and the conclusion was that it is still unkown whether females do or do not read more into body language than males do.
Because you "speak" that language without thoughts, you "read" it also without you notice it.
Unless you find body language interesting.

maybe you should change your investigation subject.
Good luck with your studie.

Re: Research

I don't completly agree with Thomas on this subject. Altough I don't know if there is an overall difference between the reading of bodylanguage of man and women, but I've heard that a man (no offence to women) are a bit better in reading facial expressions and noticing if they are real or not. As I said, it is a slight difference, but it's a part of bodylanguage as well. I don't have any booktitles or internetlinks I can give you (I have seen this on tv) maybe it's worth trying.

Good luck.