Tae'Nah Sanctuary

The last place to look for your Amazon Athelfis...

Tae'Nah Sanctuary
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aimoo Down - Changing Platforms

Hello, all!

Someone reminded me we do have this forum for now as well. I'd forgotten about the sanctuary since it's been so long since we needed it.

To say I'm frustrated is to understate the issue. The forum is there, then it's unable to visit, then it's frozen, then it's there...and I can't get it back the way we had or wanted it.

I do want to assure you that nothing has been lost in the upgrade. It's all still there. Those of you with personal stories, you can email me and I'll grab what I can off it if you need or want.

You MUST BE logged into Aimoo to reach Themiscyra. You can go to www.aimoo.com to login, or when you get the message saying "unregistered users not allowed" there's a place to get to where you can log in.

Again, I'm so sorry about this. I had no warning, and trust me that those guys will hear about it. I pay for this and now it's all crap and there was no warning and it's ticking me off.

Queen on a rampage, folks.

Thanks for your support. Please feel free to post here for now!

Re: Aimoo Down - Changing Platforms

I agree. This is really making me nuts.

I'll have my MSN and gmail up most of the day, if I can. I've got a sick little guy and will be busy with household stuff, but I'll check the computer frequently for any urgent messages.

I've also seen that the issue is aimoo wide. ALL boards have been affected.

Well, it's sometimes up and sometimes not. You do need a new password to enter. Please email myself or Bryseis to get it. In addition, you need to rejoin the community. That should be in the upper right corner.

Also, you should not post anything in Tavita or any other RPF forum at this time. We can't see any messages since the 4th, so everything from last week appears to be gone.

Finally, you can access your profile by clicking on "NAVIGATION" and then go to "edit" to change your avatar. You will have to upload the avatar from your own PC. You can visit http://fifthhouse.net/amazons to copy yours to your hard drive and then upload it back up.

Anyhow. It's still only there intermittantly at this point. Don't post anything you want to keep, it may vanish.

Thanks.

Yasoo

Do we still get to the forums the same way??

Audacia

I do not think so, Audacia. I tried and it kept saying my password was wrong no matter how many times I put it in. I read somewhere I need to email Latra Deoris or Bryseis for the password. I guess it has changed. I am going to email them right now. Best thing to do, I think.

The forum is still where it was, but I did change the link to the more direct route, since the original URL was messed up. The password has changed. Please email a member of the Delu Abacha or deluabacha@gmail.com to get it.

I'll warn you that it's still not working much. The pages tend to crash, the first post in any thread is without any kind of formatting and then doubled as the 2nd thread with formatting, then they post the same post 2-4 times. It also doesn't show up in the list of posts for the category.

HERE is your best place to post right now. It's very distressing and really upsetting me. I will get this fixed, I promise. But we may move to a new forum host.

Thanks!

Okay, let's get some testing done. I've signed up for quite a few sites for right now. They all have ads on them, but most can be removed with a fairly small payment that's equal to what we paid at aimoo.

Everyone who is reading this, if you have some time, please do some testing. Go to the board and create an account, sign in to the community, and post something, even if it's a test or a reply to a test. The only way to test what we like and don't like is to give them some tries.

Here's where you can go.

Free Forums: http://themiscyra.freeforums.org/index.php
-Note: You can update your profile and choose from several "skins" to change the way it looks just for you. Go to profile, and there's a drop down for "board style" and you can choose what you like. This one is Bryseis' favorite.

Free Power Boards:
http://www.freepowerboards.com/themiscyra/index.php
-Note: This one is still in my testing stage, so it may undergo some changes. Okay, they all might.

Guild Portal:
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=219895&TabID=1853931
-Note: I found this one from another Amazon tribe that uses it. It may look familiar to some of you. This is actually my personal favorite. It has a lot of interesting "extras" to it, including biograpies you can create and keep there on your own, I can form inside groups (so like Tamboo or First Sisters), images that scroll around constantly and I can create different sets of them, a 'shout' box for just yelling out what you like and a host of other things you'll just have to discover on your own.

Finally, there's an MSN group:
http://groups.msn.com/Themiscrya/_homepage.msnw?&pps=k
-Note: This is the one I like the least of all. I don't think it's very pretty or clever and I can't really change it to be pretty or clever. It does have great security, however, and it's easy to keep people out.

Please let me know your HONEST opinion of these.

Thanks!

I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while. But when I was about to, aimoo wouldn't let me in. I am frustrated, too, athelfi, but I hope that you forgive me for being so negligent. I hope that aimoo comes back on again.

Elina!! I'd been wondering about you! I'm glad you found this forum. Please go check out the others if you can. We need all the input we can get!

So I checked out the boards. Im against a msn group so i didn't look at that one.
The free forums one looks cool, i had an issue creating an account with the free power boards so i couldn't check that one out, the guild portal one looks cool but really complicated(i couldn't figue out how to post!)

so yeah

If you applied at any of the boards, I just had to go in and approve you. You should be able to access it now.

Boards that need approval are the Free Power boards and Guild Portal. (You couldn't find the forum cause you have to be approved first.) The third test board, Free Forums, doesn't need approval right now.

:)

I have had a play at the new forums, and also was just able to navigate through Aimoo without any trouble, even though there is still plenty missing.

The more I play, the more I find free form easiest in general, and when I am using a dial up system, it is the quickest. When I use Broadband/DSL the others are quick and easy as well. I don't know if Aimoo will be corrected (figers crossed) but the new format is workable.

That is my two cents!!

Tara