Return to Website

CarbCheck Palm Database Forum

This forum is dedicated to users of the free CarbCheck program.

CarbCheck Palm Database Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
screen unclear

I'm using a Sony Clie SJ22 and the screen for carbcheck is very unclear. The buttons are blurry so I can't tell what im "clicking" on..Also the help files are very blurry..if thats what they are lol..I can't tell what I'm reading...

Re: screen unclear

Hi Jenn,

Sorry for the late response - not as much time available as I'd like.

I wish I could tell you why your screen appears unclear. I've never heard of that problem before. I think there've been a number of Clie users and they seemed to have no difficulty with CarbCheck as far as I can tell.

Is your Clie a color model? That might explain something as I wrote the program way back when all I had was a monochrome Palm III -- and the development platform didn't support color. I've never gotten to updating the program since I've since switched to the Pocket PC. If color is the culprit, I wonder if there's a way to temporarily force the Clie into monochrome....

Other than that, I'm afraid that I've got no answers. Sorry about the trouble, Jenn - wish I could be more help.

regards,

-Uwe

Re: Re: screen unclear

Yep its color and youre right, that's probably it. No worries, I can tell it's a great program. I've told a few others about it

Re: Re: Re: screen unclear

I haven't tried this app yet but I tried to solve this problem. I don't know what this will do to the rest of the apps on my Clie, but I went to "Prefs". Selected "HiRes". Checked the "Enable" check box, and Waala. Now the screen is readable.

Re: Re: Re: Re: screen unclear

John,

Thanks for that tip. That's great news! I'll add that to the documentation as soon as I get the chance. Thanks again for sharing that. And, I hope the rest of the apps remain unaffected. Let us know if you can.

regards

-Uwe