Trails At Carriage Hills

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Trails At Carriage Hills
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Theft from kinds hanging arond unsupervised in the park.

I fist posted this as part of a thread to another post. However, I think it needs to be a separate message so eveyone can be aware of the safeness issues around the park area and can be more proactive in protecting your property.

I live directly across from the park. On Sunday, 7-16, my wife’s car was parked in our driveway from about 6:45 till 8:00 pm. When she went out to move the car into the garage, her glasses & case along with her car keys were missing. We looked all over the house thinking she must have brought them in and just forgot about it.

Today we decided to search the park and found the case to the glasses but no glasses and no car keys. It is obvious that some kid or kids playing unsupervised in the park came across the street, entered the car (even though we were both home) and removed the items. We still don’t understand why they took the prescription glasses since they can’t wear them. I guess they didn't know what was in the case so that would indicate younger children were involved.

To replace the glasses will cost about $200. and these are transponder keys with a remote entry device. Replacement cost there will be around $300 as we will now need to have the entry code changed on the remote as well as re-programming the remaining two keys so that the one taken will be ineffective.

This “prank” (if that’s what it is) will end up costing us $500 to $550.

A bunch of kids hanging around together all evening is just a breeding ground for mischief and we need to be more aware while school is out to keep our doors, windows and vehicles locked, aparently even when we're at home.

Re: Theft from kinds hanging arond unsupervised in the park.

Just a note to everyone...the Park is "CLOSED" at 10PM, and this is posted in the Park. If you see ANYONE in the park after 10PM, don't hesitate to give the CPPD a call to report it. They'll send a patrol officer out to the area.

Having said that, I'm not sure what we can do to keep the kids from "hanging" around the park. I don't like it. I remember when I was there age. When a bunch of us were hanging around, we weren't up to any good either. ;-)

Personally, and I know some may not like this idea, I would like to see the basketball court (at least the pole and net) REMOVED! It's not that I have anything agains Basketball or the people who play it, but the net (no pun intended) result of having an attraction that caters to young men is trash and loitering. I don't know how to say it anymore PC than that.

My #1 Priority is to make the park something everyone can safely enjoy. I don't think we have that kind of park today.