Trails At Carriage Hills

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Trails At Carriage Hills
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dana Lawson Park - Concerns

Victor,

I am concerned with the activity you speak of at the park. I can address the first two.

1. Marijuana use. First, I need to know what evidence do you have of the use of MJ. Is there a specific time that you know it is going on? Is there specific individuals? Please let me know any details about the activity.

2. Condoms lying around. Is there a specific area that they are at? Is it due to the lack of lighting in the area? I am assuming the condoms are near the corner away from the street.

Any info anyone in the neighborhood can provide will be helpful to police. Please email me at following address with your concerns.

king@ci.cedar-park.tx.us

The trash issue is something the police can in a round about way help. A request from the police to the parks division may bring the trash crews around more frequently. I can't gurantee that right now though.

You are absolutely right that 911 is not the best way to contact the police for matters that we have discussed here. Please call 259-3600 and hit 0 to connect to the dispatch center. An officer will be dispatched. Obviously certain times of the day dictate how fast an officer will be dispatched.

Thanks for the concern Victor.

David,

I just sent you an e-mail on this.

Thanks!

David,

Thanks for your help with this.

My wife is working on the "Carriage Hills" sign project at Lakeline and 1431 (opposite Wal-Greens). She's got a landscaping company coming in to bid on the project. I'll see if she can get them to provide a quote on some deterrent foliage for the utility building as well.

Regards,

Victor

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 4:17 PM
To: Garner, Victor
Subject: RE: Dana Lawson Park - Response to Forum Post

Victor,

I went over to the park this afternoon and did find evidence of the marijuana use. I did not find any condoms, however, I noticed around 1130, the lawn mowing service was mowing the park. I will keep an eye on the park and will ask the district officers to do the same.

I did notice a couple of problems with the utility building. It appears kids have been damaging the lights as well as some of the control boxes on the north side. I’m going to request the HOA look into placing some deterrent foliage around the house. i.e. cactus, yucca, and such.

David T. King

Detective

Cedar Park Police Department

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 7:21 AM
To: David King
Subject: Dana Lawson Park - Response to Forum Post

David,

Thanks for your response.

With regard to the Marijuana Use -

My evidence is only the smell. I live directly across from the utility building in the park, and was stepping outside onto my porch one evening after dark and caught a really strong whiff of it. I have no doubt about what it was. The boys (3) must have been standing just behind the building. I couldn't see them, but could hear then talking. I guess they saw me, because they decided to break it up shortly after I stepped out of the house. One of the boys ran to **** Comfort Street. The other two boys jumped into a older looking suburban and left. I checked around the next day to see if there was any discarded evidence or signs that it happened often, but didn't find any. I don't recall the exact day, buy I reported the incident to the Cedar Park PD the following day.

On March 18th, my in-laws notice 2 boys smoking marijuana in the same area, but this time they were doing it during daylight hours.

My wife has noticed what looks like strange activity (maybe selling...she never sees exactly what is going on) involving kids in a Suburban and a Red Dodge Ram Pickup

With regards to the Condoms -

We've found them on the sidewalks opposite the mailboxes on Comfort Street, and around the park (by the swings and the utility building). Usually they are open, sometimes still packaged. The Park is very dark at night, and maybe lighting would help, but my concern with that would be the tendency for kids to play Basketball till all hours of the night. Not sure which is worse. I'm told that's the reason some HOA's don't install lights in their private parks.

I purchased my house "because" it was next to the park, so the Park is a big concern for me. Any help keeping is a safe place for the little kids would be really appreciated.

If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank You,

Victor Garner

We were just informed by SBC and the Cedar Park PD that the SBC Utility Building was vandalized sometime last night. Someone broke into the building and damaged the equipment inside.

As a result, the Cedar Park PD has requested that we keep a close eye on the park and report "Any" and "All" suspicious activity in the park. This includes vehicles parked in the utility building parking space. This parking space is for SBC Service Vehicles only. If you see any cars parked in this space, please call 259-3600 to report the vehicle. There's no need to leave your name, they are expecting us to call when we see this. Officer Robby Thate of the Cedar Park PD has been asigned to our area and has personally requested that we keep him informed. Also, SBC plans to install a Security Light on the building. The light will respond to body heat. Once this light is in place, we have been asked to call the Cedar Park PD anytime we see this light activated.

Your time and attention to this matter is appreciated.

Vandalized Again - The new security light on the SBC Utility building in Dana Lawson Park has been damaged again. Report has been made to CPPD.

Did anyone see anything?

Just wanted everyone to know that on Sunday, 7-16, an unknown kid came across the street from the park and stole the keys and prescription glasses from my wife's car which was parked in our driveway. We were all home at the time, so these kids are not timid about approaching your house or property.

We found the empty case to the glasses in the park, but no car keys or no glasses. Now we need to have the car's transponder codes changed (which will cost about $300 with replacing the key and the remote entry device) as well as new glasses that were about $200. This "prank" will cost us around $500.

This happened between 7pm and 8pm on Sunday evening. The park was filled with kids sitting around talking on cell phones and playing basketball. I had been outside most of the evening doing yard work so they were well aware that we were home when they did this.

For this side of the neighborhood, the park is becoming an increased security risk rather than an asset.

Tom - I'm sorry to hear about this. Geri just sent out an e-mail stating that she called the police last night because of a suspicious kid walking around apparently "looking" for something. He was later arrested.

Did you report this to the CPPD?